Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gunplay: How do you feel about it?
Lethal guns should take some effort to be effective. I mean, though it's a gun, and guns are crutches for the unrobust to feel deadly, they should have some dumb quirk that makes it tricky to use. Like, the revolver and Spacker could need cocking after each shot or get wildly inaccurate with repeated fire, and the lasers would fire after a short charge delay.

And lasers in general could use some sorta nerfing. Mainly a way to reduce the fuckton of damage they do, like armor for bullets. Maybe firesuits would give some resistance, or wearing a disco ball would reflect some of the laser. Something like that.

And sec could have special training to make their taser have like a spreadshot out something. Like they are still useful by everyone, but security can like use it better.
What about recoil? Say every time you shoot a buckshot into a nerds face the screen shakes a bit and you get pushed around, taking a second to re-aim your gun, enough to get a taser shot in.
(05-08-2017, 04:58 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I mean, though it's a gun, and guns are crutches for the unrobust to feel deadly, they should have some dumb quirk that makes it tricky to use.

The hell does this even mean? This is nonsensical.
(05-08-2017, 04:58 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I mean, though it's a gun, and guns are crutches for the unrobust to feel deadly, they should have some dumb quirk that makes it tricky to use.

The same thing can be said about Chems. I don't agree with this statement but if this is used as reasoning for adding nerfs to firearms that I want the same reasoning to apply to chems as they are truly OP.
Throw spackers in the garbage. I'm fine with every other gun. Some people (like me) have poor connections to the server thanks to distance or plain have trouble clicking moving things, so ranged combat is really my only choice.
(05-08-2017, 05:31 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

The same thing can be said about Chems. I don't agree with this statement but if this is used as reasoning for adding nerfs to firearms that I want the same reasoning to apply to chems as they are truly OP.

i think I talked about a idea I had for beakers that caused them to have a chance to spill or smash on the ground if you trip or get stunned while holding one, causing the contends to be applied to the tile under it.
Its probably a horrible idea but I thought I would mention it here.
Pretty sure that's not a connection issue. Every time I see a melee fight it's two or more people 'jousting' back and forth for a solid minute or two until one gets a lucky hit.

The inability to click on things is just being unrobust, though. Robustness only has two pillars, afterall: spatial awareness and mouse skills.

Trust me, I'm an expert in unrobustism.
make it so firing shit 1-handed is more inaccurate but twohanded more accurate

and for chems maybe make it so shoving someone has a chance of knocking the beaker out of their hands and spilling the contents on the ground/on themselves depending if theyre gripping it tightly or not
(05-08-2017, 04:58 PM)Superlagg Wrote: And lasers in general could use some sorta nerfing. Mainly a way to reduce the fuckton of damage they do, like armor for bullets. Maybe firesuits would give some resistance, or wearing a disco ball would reflect some of the laser. Something like that.

I know that body armor actually reduces laser effectiveness because I made a patch for that.

If it doesn't then that's a bug and you should report it.
(05-08-2017, 06:45 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 04:58 PM)Superlagg Wrote: And lasers in general could use some sorta nerfing. Mainly a way to reduce the fuckton of damage they do, like armor for bullets. Maybe firesuits would give some resistance, or wearing a disco ball would reflect some of the laser. Something like that.

I know that body armor actually reduces laser effectiveness because I made a patch for that.

If it doesn't then that's a bug and you should report it.

Huh, never really noticed if there was a reduction or not, usually when someone gets out the egun, they empty the whole battery in them. Plus my knowledge of the game mechanics comes from the leak.

Maybe I'm just pissy about how quickly guns make people die.
i always thought it would be cute if panes of different kinds of crystal glass upped or downed laser damage a bit when they pass thru
I guess where I'm coming from with tasers is, they end fights pretty quick. Stun the target, and arrest or kill them, depending on who has them

Sec does need a ranged, non-lethal weapon, but I'd like to see it be something that isn't as incapacitating. 

What if there was a gun that affected the targets vision, limiting their sight distance? In a gun fight, they'd lose the advantage of aiming, but could continue with melee?

Edit: Some kind of paintball type thing? Hits you with pellets filled with a goopy substance that messes with vision and slows movement in larger amounts. Leaves a visible trail of the goopy substance for people to follow.
you ever play swat 4 game? they had pepper ball gun thing. and all sorts of shit. but security needs good weapons? and tasers are good? so i dont see the problem?
(05-08-2017, 04:33 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: tranquilizer rifle: Good... Needs a Source of New ammo though.

using just the MD's tranq rifle and the armory (which is pretty easy due to everyone knowing packets now) you can get 16 tranq darts. one dart is a delayed, long, stun. along with slows and vision blur during/around the stuns. that's 16 people much easier to kill
(05-08-2017, 09:13 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I guess where I'm coming from with tasers is, they end fights pretty quick. Stun the target, and arrest or kill them, depending on who has them

Sec does need a ranged, non-lethal weapon, but I'd like to see it be something that isn't as incapacitating. 

What if there was a gun that affected the targets vision, limiting their sight distance? In a gun fight, they'd lose the advantage of aiming, but could continue with melee?

Edit: Some kind of paintball type thing? Hits you with pellets filled with a goopy substance that messes with vision and slows movement in larger amounts. Leaves a visible trail of the goopy substance for people to follow.

Paintball gun might be fun, but as the standard go-to for sec? This seems like an overly complicated fix for something that most don't even seem to consider an issue, and as the other sec-related threads currently show sec needs all the help it can currently get. The main complaint about tasers seem to be about how it's really easy for antags to get their hand on sec access and then load up with all the tasers, which is another issue entirely.

Plus, whoever stuns the other guy first wins in any scenario, not just taser-related ones.