Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Insecurity Officers
I think a silicate type chemical that could be splashed onto security costumes could be neat. Maybe some kind of liquid kevlar that offers a buff to the suit when applied.

At the very least, it gives chemist something to offer security.
pls no
can we at least make it so if you latejoin as sec you still roll for antag and will be shunted off to another job if you get it

that's like 90% of the reason I don't play sec much I actually like being sec
(05-08-2017, 06:41 PM)poland spring Wrote: can we at least make it so if you latejoin as sec you still roll for antag and will be shunted off to another job if you get it

Yes please
(05-08-2017, 06:41 PM)poland spring Wrote: can we at least make it so if you latejoin as sec you still roll for antag and will be shunted off to another job if you get it

I don't see how that would work. You select Security and hope you get a antag role just for it to switch you? Also if you want to be a late joining antag why join as security? Just join as another role. Remember you still have a chance to be a antag if you go to be security at round start.
i still want a late joining random job button, that just goes through your job preferences as if you join at round start, but takes out things that are already done. i.e. if you have sec at fav but roll antag, you get shoved to something else as usual. also allows late joining ais in lowpop rounds. have this is an OPTION. not a new way of doing it
(05-08-2017, 10:48 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i still want a late joining random job button, that just goes through your job preferences as if you join at round start, but takes out things that are already done. i.e. if you have sec at fav but roll antag, you get shoved to something else as usual. also allows late joining ais in lowpop rounds. have this is an OPTION. not a new way of doing it

Yes please
(05-08-2017, 10:47 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 06:41 PM)poland spring Wrote: can we at least make it so if you latejoin as sec you still roll for antag and will be shunted off to another job if you get it

I don't see how that would work. You select Security and hope you get a antag role just for it to switch you? Also if you want to be a late joining antag why join as security? Just join as another role. Remember you still have a chance to be a antag if you go to be security at round start.

The idea is that a lot of people are dissuaded from late joining as security because we don't know how late joining traitors interact with that.

Does the antagonist roll still take priority over the job selection like it does at round start or what?
(05-09-2017, 07:15 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

The idea is that a lot of people are dissuaded from late joining as security because we don't know how late joining traitors interact with that.

Does the antagonist roll still take priority over the job selection like it does at round start or what?

No.  If you pick security, you can't be an antagonist, no matter how you join.
(05-09-2017, 10:47 AM)Technature Wrote:

Not true Admins have stated otherwise on the IRC. IF you you have Security in your job preference and ready up before round start you can still be a antag. I know because they told me and it's happen to me. As most of the time I have Head of Security set as the only job I want to play and I've gotten Antag plenty of times. Also Noah whoever gets to be a antag is random there's no priority over any job. So you don't have to worry about the Security role lessening your chances to be a Antag.

Incorrect. When a round starts, it will pick who will be antag first, then it will assign job roles. If you are picked, it won't let you be security, even if you had that picked as favorite role. You'll never get passed over to be antag picking security as your role at round start.

Not sure about late joining though.
(05-09-2017, 11:15 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Incorrect. When a round starts, it will pick who will be antag first, then it will assign job roles. If you are picked, it won't let you be security, even if you had that picked as favorite role. You'll never get passed over to be antag picking security as your role at round start.

Not sure about late joining though.

Sorry, the way I said it is weird.

Yeah, if you're a late joiner, you can't be an antagonist.  No exceptions.

Sometimes I late join specifically to pick security cause I don't feel like bein a bad guy or an AI.
(05-09-2017, 11:53 AM)Technature Wrote: Yeah, if you're a late joiner, you can't be an antagonist.  No exceptions.

Sorry, confused now. I can confirm that I have late-joined and been traitor more than once. I have not late joined as Security and gotten traitor. Is that what you mean?
(05-09-2017, 12:30 PM)Sam Eagle Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 11:53 AM)Technature Wrote: Yeah, if you're a late joiner, you can't be an antagonist.  No exceptions.

Sorry, confused now. I can confirm that I have late-joined and been traitor more than once. I have not late joined as Security and gotten traitor. Is that what you mean?

That's 100% what they mean. You people English weird.
Sec should be auto populated like the AI and Captain because otherwise we have to have Rambo be the only sec officer each round