Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Insecurity Officers
"I'm uncomfortable with this!" I'm a cop you idiot!

1. Make the Security role unable to be set as "unwanted" similar to Staff Assistants.

2. On nuke ops rounds, force an equal number of crew members to roll Security Officer.

3. Give round-start/late-join Security Officers a higher stamina and faster stamina regeneration.

That is all for now.
1. Roundstart suicide/braindeads
2. Metagaming
3. Unnecessarily giving advantages. I feel those perks should be earned in-game; gym should give greater pros; security would be natural buff gym-rats.

All in all: No.
Damn it, Sundance.
TG has sec jumpsuits that give a small percentage damage reduction (10% I think?). Improving security equipment would be nice, I currently always switch out the armor and helmet for the stylish winter coat, as the standard look makes you look like a goober.

The general look of sec could really stand to be improved, as most sec-players I've seen will ditch their sec clothing immediately for something better looking. Some nice-looking berets and armored jackets/ponchos would be nice, as well as some heavy armor that doesn't reduce you to a snail's pace.

As I've said in that other thread, I feel that the taser could use a little buff to it's projectile speed and range, given that it's sec's primary weapon. Maybe a "high-power" mode that stuns more effectively for a reduced number of shots?
Kinda fits the thread, but not really: I've grown to hate tasers. I wish they were implant locked, and that eguns were only scannable by the syndiscan. Too many people running around with 6 in their backpack with no slips, indysuit, and meth.

That aside, I agree with Sundance. No. 1 isn't a bad idea in general; just bad for our user base. No. 2 would work if we had lots of people or if it were an RP server. No. 3 isn't good. Inherent stamina bonuses are too powerful. It'd be better to give them ready access to chems or special equipment.
To be honest I like #1. Currently security more than likely will just be non-existent and i'm fine with risking that some nerds will just kill themselves when we could at least have of a chance of getting SOME security. Any larger chance of more security at all is good in my opinion.
(05-08-2017, 05:07 AM)Sundance Wrote: 1. Roundstart suicide/braindeads
2. Metagaming
3. Unnecessarily giving advantages. I feel those perks should be earned in-game; gym should give greater pros; security would be natural buff gym-rats.

and if they dont suicide with 1, then they'll probably be shitty griefers instead.
(05-08-2017, 01:50 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 05:07 AM)Sundance Wrote: 1. Roundstart suicide/braindeads
2. Metagaming

and if they dont suicide with 1, then they'll probably be shitty griefers instead.
If they end up being shitty griefers as sec officers more than likely they would have been a griefer as any other role as well, this is what bans are for.
I can think of at least three HOSes who have been playing for years on end now who sign up pretty much entirely to greytide with the authority of the HOS and sec gear, suicide when bored and fight crime pretty much only by accident when it crosses their path. I don't have that much faith in the system.
(05-08-2017, 02:08 PM)Roomba Wrote: I can think of at least three HOSes who have been playing for years on end now who sign up pretty much entirely to greytide with the authority of the HOS and sec gear, suicide when bored and fight crime pretty much only by accident when it crosses their path. If they haven't been dealt with in any substantial capability, I don't have much faith in the system to work such things out.

Please Adminhelp those players then and never stop adminhelping them. I personally never seen HoS act like this but I've been seeing at least six players on these forums alone say they have in this year, so I don' think any of you are lying about it. I know I always encourage people to adminhelp me if they think I am being shit if I am a Security Officer or a Head of Security. I can't stand shit Security it's the whole reason why I wanted to be a HoS to begin with as I wanted to root out the shit so people getting their rounds ruined by a shit head in a Red Jumpsuit happened less and less. SO it makes me extremely angry that the Players who are trusted to not be shit may in fact be shit.
To my limited recollection of old goon, secoffs used to be assholes. I've drawn the conclusion that the whole nicey-nice movement is probably what killed sec overall.

I'm not saying return to the old ways, as some people had issues and got a little too high on lolauthority, but it's okay to be an asshole. No need to be a fusion of Mr. Rogers, Rambo, and This Guy.

edit: Ah, this isn't the thread I thought it was. Ah well, not gonna delete. Just ignore my OTnessitude.
(05-08-2017, 03:56 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: To my limited recollection of old goon, secoffs used to be assholes. I've drawn the conclusion that the whole nicey-nice movement is probably what killed sec overall.

I'm not saying return to the old ways, as some people had issues and got a little too high on lolauthority, but it's okay to be an asshole. No need to be a fusion of Mr. Rogers, Rambo, and This Guy.

edit: Ah, this isn't the thread I thought it was. Ah well, not gonna delete. Just ignore my OTnessitude.

thats honestly why i dont like playing sec on goon

more fun on tg or other servers where you dont get in trouble for busting criminal scum heads
There's no motivation to play sec. It's a difficult job where you get shat on for your work. I've had several stints with trying sec, and I always have to stop because depending on the round it's either extremely boring or extremely frustrating, or both.
I love shitty security, they're so easy to lead on a wild douche chases.

Anything to get more piss awful keystone kops on the mix, getting murdered as act one of the antagonist's arc, constantly underestimated until one shows uncharacteristic competency and saves the station from evil.

Kinda like the humble assistant.
1.It's a relatively well known fact that security isn't exactly a popular choice.  Forcing people to do what they don't want to do will either cause them to use it as an excuse for them to be shitlers or cause suicide.  Along with that, it's not hard to get around setting it to minimum and setting everything else to medium, so doing it would be a moot point.  Also, new people being Security just because they can't say no is just a bad idea.

2.At this point, people would be able to easily guess nuke ops round simply because the unpopular job is suddenly fully staffed.

3.Oh dear god no.