Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIP (protect the president!) gamemode
as requested by omj

"the  president of nanotrasen is coming to deliver a speech at (INSERT SPACE STATION NAME HERE)! they must be kept alive, deliver the speech, and be safely returned to their shuttle and leave the station. arriving with the president is a guard detail comprised of 4-5 people. on the station a group of 4-5 syndicate saboteurs have already infiltrated the crew and their goal is to assassinate the president! the assassins would have the option of going in guns blazing or something more stealthy and devious to rig the shuttle the president arrived in to explode"

this idea came about from an idea i had planned to offer shotgunbill as an event for day of destiny but i never got around to it
Every single time i rolled diplomat i prayed to the admins to make someone an antag with the goal of assasinating me. This is my dream. Yes.
(05-07-2017, 04:17 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: as requested by omj

"the  president of nanotrasen a diplomat is coming to deliver a speech at (INSERT SPACE STATION NAME HERE)! they must be kept alive, deliver the speech, and be safely returned to their shuttle and leave the station. arriving with the president diplomat is a guard detail comprised of 4-5 people. on the station a group of 4-5 syndicate saboteurs have already infiltrated the crew and their goal is to assassinate the president diplomat! the assassins would have the option of going in guns blazing or something more stealthy and devious to rig the shuttle the president diplomat arrived in to explode"

this idea came about from an idea i had planned to offer shotgunbill as an event for day of destiny but i never got around to it

Fixed this for Dions
Honestly i don't think this should be a full fledged gamemode, but rather something attatched to when someone rolls diplomat. maybe latejoiners or ghosts can sign up to be assassins?
and if there are no ghosts, living players can sign up to be activated manchurian candidate style
How about more objectives?
  • Steal the microfilm from the VIP. 
  • Kidnap the VIP by making sure that you're the only two people left on the escape shuttle. 
  • Convince the VIP into giving you the launch codes, by hook or crook
These could be given to some operatives, while others have different objectives so they're all after the VIP for different reasons. You might have to fend off assassins just long enough to get information out of the VIP, or the VIP could leverage your objective into getting you to defend them
Once /tg/ had an event like this, a centcomm official appeared and tried to hide within the crew, but nukeops got his ass pretty fast. What about not informing the ops about the diplomat/vip? They will have to go stealth and find out who is the vip dude first, then go guns blazing.
On the other hand, lots and lots of nuclear emergency rounds end because ops shoot each other on accident/fuck up, and this variant gives even more possibilities when ops can fluke.
I like the idea.

Would it force people into security/secret service roles as well?

I feel like a sleeper agent would work well here, where the antagonist is selected about 5 minutes into the round to prevent turbonerds from dashing off to make ten pipe bombs immediately.