Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
put gang in rotation
Rainbow 
#makegoongreatagainu
do the opposite of this
bring back rev
(05-07-2017, 10:52 AM)misto Wrote: bring back rev
correction: let the revs use gang costumes and spray tags if they want but theyre still revs
Here's my old five point plan for better gangs
Number 5 is probably the most important point
(12-12-2016, 05:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: 1. Reputation
Rep would be a kind of currency that a gang generates based on activity and structures. An example would be creating a spray paint tag. While the tag existed, it would generate rep for the gang

2. The Black Market
The Black Market is a unique merchant accessible to a gang. The Black market would buy, sell, and trade items that gang's would find useful. One section of the market would function as a standard merchant, for much lower buying prices than what could be found in QM and more chances for rarer items. The other section of the market would allow the gang to exchange rep points for items unique to gang, such as clothing that generate rep when worn, weapons, and structures for base building

3. Base Building
Using the Black market, gangs could buy structures that are allied to their gang. This would include things such as drug labs that generate profit, decoration that generate more rep, structures that allow the gang to recruit more members, defensive barriers, and various other things that would give a gang a tactical edge. Rather than gang territory being arbitrarily based on tags placed around the station, it would be based on the size and scope of their base, and their ability to defend it.

4. Introduction of the "Heat" system
Similar to the "Christmas cheer" meter, as aggressive actions like murder occur on the station it becomes harder for the gang to operate. Black market prices increase and less rep is earned from structures and actions, maybe even shutting down completely if it gets too bad. It becomes in the gang's best interest to fly under the radar to operate, at least until they have all the resources they need.

5. Introduce gangs into other round types
A gang should be a coalition of crewmen that are operating their own agenda separate from antags or the station. They can go against or work with either as they see fit. Working gang leaders into standard rounds rather than just their own mode would make for a more colorful station. Gang mode would still exist as a multi gang vs gang kind of thing, but gangs would still have a chance to crop up in mixed, secret, or even as late round antagonists.
I think after one gang takes over the station (Where they kill all the other gang members and are the only gang left.) it should turn into Rev mode. A merging of the two modes at a certain point could be neat.
A thread asking for gang to return was put in the Good Ideas subsection ages ago, yet nothing came of it. Gang is a cool mode, and I wouldn't mind seeing it some more.
y'all asked for this, don't anyone tell me otherwise