Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LLJK1] Thirst and Alcohol
Take one sip of anything alcoholic and welcome to the Sahara desert because now you're flashing red dehydrated.

So I suggest the impact of alcohol on thirst be reduced to about 10% of its current value
(05-07-2017, 09:10 AM)Prichard Wrote: Take one sip of anything alcoholic and welcome to the Sahara desert because now you're flashing red dehydrated.

So I suggest the impact of alcohol on thirst be reduced to about 10% of its current value

One sip isn't really going to get you into red. It's the fact that people down whole glasses of the stuff and then those 50u of wine or whatever basically keep ethanol in your system for a good while, meaning that by the time you notice it's a problem it's a serious problem.

I'd agree that it's a bit too much of an effect at the moment, and would be in favour of dropping it to 20-50% of its current impact. That'd give you 2-5x as long to realise there's an issue and have some water.

I haven't checked if it's a thing yet, but saline-glucose solution should re-hydrate you as well/better than water (because it has electrolytes, which is what staff assistants crave).