Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineering tools: metal foam gun
So I've been playing Prey a bunch, and my favourite weapon in it is the GLOO cannon; a gun that shoots a hardening substance to seal breaches and the like. I'd love a similar tool for engineering that ran on a power cell, self recharging or not, that could spray metal foam in either one tile or a 4 tile spread for more power. It would make quick fixing hull breaches a whole lot smoother, and be a fun futuristic thing.
(It absolutely shouldn't be able to be emagged and trap people in a cocoon that they need to resist out of, no sir)
(05-05-2017, 09:17 PM)The Worst Wrote: So I've been playing Prey a bunch, and my favourite weapon in it is the GLOO cannon; a gun that shoots a hardening substance to seal breaches and the like. I'd love a similar tool for engineering that ran on a power cell, self recharging or not, that could spray metal foam in either one tile or a 4 tile spread for more power. It would make quick fixing hull breaches a whole lot smoother, and be a fun futuristic thing.
(It absolutely shouldn't be able to be emagged and trap people in a cocoon that they need to resist out of, no sir)

we have one like that for the small industrial pods already, could be adapated
I was thinking of that, yeah. That pod tool's really handy but limited in the fact that it's attached to a pod; tying it to a rechargable handheld thing would make it more of an option.
something that functions with more discretion and longevity that the grenades would be quite the boon. make it so you can hose girders and grilles down to seal them too.