Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Malfunction, updated!
I haven't seen a spare AI upload board around either. so you get the spare reset but still have to break into the upload anyway
There are spare AI upload and Robotics Control boards in the computer core room directly south of AI upload.
Dauntasa Wrote:There are spare AI upload and Robotics Control boards in the computer core room directly south of AI upload.

The room that requires the same access as the AI core and is also guarded by a head-cardlocked turret. v

I mean I get why electricians and assistants don't get to have one in Tech Storage anymore, because we're* terrible, but EVERYTHING is in that one 20x9 tile space.
Yeah, no, I mean if you have a rogue AI, going anywhere near a turret he can set to "lethal" is a bad idea.
Put the robotics control and AI upload boards back in tech storage, and add an extra reset to the AI's upload room while leaving the current copy in the radio room. This way it's a tad easier to fix a rogue AI with something that isn't a bomb or toolbox, while preventing asshole electricians from resetting the AI every five minutes "just in case".
If it didn't cause so much lag, perhaps AI could be able to turn off air circulation in certain rooms, so people would either slowly sufficate, or be forced to use gas masks and oxygen tanks, or run for eva only to be shocked.

The major problem with that suggestion is the possibility that a griefing ai could turn the station into a airless death trap.
Convair880 Wrote:It doesn't help that no reset module spawns in the upload itself, but rather in the comparatively hard-to-access radio room north of the bridge. Is there even a second one on the main station anymore? So far, I haven't found it.
Just an update: Cogwerks added a second reset module to the computer core/DWAINE mainframe room after the issue was raised on IRC.
The reason the reset module isn't in tech storage anymore is because I got really tired of seeing electricians spamming the reset every round "just to be sure." Turrets are fairly easy to deal with if you're clever and/or prepared.