Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is lljk dead
discuss
Aren't we all already dead inside?
Which one? LLJK1 or LLJK2? Or do you mean both?
Im dead
Nah, it's just a low pop wave. I remember one happening about..... Uh.... September-December 2015 that was particularly bad. Or that 2016? I can't keep track.

Either way, as the summer starts to properly kick off, population should rise again.

Though I still abide by the questionable ideological theory of "more gamemodes = more players", even if there's probably something wrong with that.
If you mean LLJK1 then yes and no. It definitely needs a revival of some sort. More gamemodes with less murderbone/ling and stuff to do for ghosts. Also the allowing of ingame cross-species discrimination for RP flavor (TG does it), but there's only humans. More admin events too.

LLJK1 could also have more creative gamemodes/goals that encourage RP or at the very least creativity. I.E Syndicate spies have infiltrated the Destiny and their mission is to steal [x] or cause [x event] to happen.

Actually... Speaking of events: More intricate events such as martian invasions or stranded shuttles or otherwise long and somewhat complicated events that encourage many players to join in. It would seem that Shotgunbill (Who's reading this page as I type this) enjoys making events like these. Some of them are very simple and could just be set to occur randomly. The Martian invasion could happen if there's at least one engineer, one doctor, one secoff, and one Head, and the martian population would depend on the ship population at the time. Boarding methods could be implemented if the great and mystical coders ~~who totally aren't NERDS~~ wish to do so, such as crash-pods that carry 1-3 martians and crash into the ship and burst open and disintegrate, revealing angry martians.

I dunno. More content and enjoyable gameplay would be nice.
Agreed more content would bring more new players here in the long run.
too much effort poured into obscure sol puzzles enjoyed by a tiny fraction to the neglect of enriching everyday round2round play
(05-04-2017, 03:50 PM)misto Wrote: too much effort poured into obscure sol puzzles enjoyed by a tiny fraction to the neglect of enriching everyday round2round play

As a member of the sol crew:

The solarium is effectively dead. No new leads for months. rest in piss
(05-04-2017, 03:50 PM)misto Wrote: too much effort poured into obscure sol puzzles enjoyed by a tiny fraction to the neglect of enriching everyday round2round play
thats part of it, too. once you guys solve the puzzle once, the value of all that effort and content nearly evaporates and becomes a memorized series of steps, because a lot of regular players and of course most visitors/newbies will never ever touch it except possibly to be eaten by a critter in a post-sol disaster round. it only has value if even more effort is poured into it to add more puzzle steps, for ever and ever.

and its all locked behind fucking telesci which most people will never bother trying to puzzle out. joe shmoe visiting the station is never going to fucking set foot on mars or icemoon and never will unless there is enjoyable and interesting base gameplay for him to come back repeatedly to revisit

improve.

main.

station.
It's dying, but it has been for years. I agree with Mageziya though, right now is just a low tide. During that time in 2015 I was regularly the only nerd on the server at certain times.

Most other stations are goonclones. Them doing better than goon is more a cause of better feeder sites and less rules than it is actual content. Or not being goonclones, like CM or that station we never talk about.
Who wants to do an advertising campaign?

And by that I mean somehow convince a charismatic lets player to make goon station videos.

Or infest random ass forums with SS13 threads.

Surely there is no way that this could go horribly wrong.
(05-04-2017, 06:19 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Who wants to do an advertising campaign?

And by that I mean somehow convince a charismatic lets player to make goon station videos.

Or infest random ass forums with SS13 threads.

Surely there is no way that this could go horribly wrong.
if we gotta suffer the wrath of an invasion of annoying 12 year old griefersĀ in order to get a population boost, i'd be willing to suffer it, after all that's what admins are for.
(05-04-2017, 05:44 PM)misto Wrote: thats part of it, too. once you guys solve the puzzle once, the value of all that effort and content nearly evaporates and becomes a memorized series of steps, because a lot of regular players and of course most visitors/newbies will never ever touch it except possibly to be eaten by a critter in a post-sol disaster round. it only has value if even more effort is poured into it to add more puzzle steps, for ever and ever.

and its all locked behind fucking telesci which most people will never bother trying to puzzle out. joe shmoe visiting the station is never going to fucking set foot on mars or icemoon and never will unless there is enjoyable and interesting base gameplay for him to come back repeatedly to revisit

improve.

main.

station.