Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Stellaris Gamethread
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

TO JOIN GO TO MULTIPLAYER AND PRESS DIRECT START. Put this number into the game ID 90108562569148425

Password- SS13

Hello, I'm pizzatiger and i have decided to help setup a Stellaris game for the goonstation community

Description of Stellaris from Store Page-Explore a vast galaxy full of wonder! Paradox Development Studio, makers of the Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis series presents Stellaris, an evolution of the grand strategy genre with space exploration at its core.
Featuring deep strategic gameplay, a rich and enormously diverse selection of alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris has engaging challenging gameplay that rewards interstellar exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of species you will encounter during your travels.
Etch your name across the cosmos by forging a galactic empire; colonizing remote planets and integrating alien civilizations. Will you expand through war alone or walk the path of diplomacy to achieve your goals?

What is there for me to do?-Expand you Empire across the stars, Manage your planets, Research advance techs, Go to war with that bird-like creature who refused to give you that planet you wanted, Enslave said bird alien creature and then eat them like KFC chicken, Build an army of robots before researching artificial intelligence that causes said robots to go berserk and bring an end to all life in the galaxy or perhaps make some deals with some shady gods who give you unlimited power for 5 years before turning on you and using your empire as the center of an galaxy-wide invasion

Why Should I care about this Singleplayer Game?-Thats the thing my good fellow! This game isn't just a single-player game where you interact with NPC aliens, It also has Multiplayer allowing players to expand their empires alongside other players with secret alliances, Trade negotiations and The inevitable  betrayal (we are SS13 players after all)

Do i need to own the DLC to play with you guys?-Like other Paradox games only the host needs to own the DLC

Well who's the host then?-We have looked far and wide for a Wise and noble man to host our games, and after much thought we have decided on the World famous admin of the Goonstations server Wire to be our host, Give this man a round of applause!

What Time Are we Playing- We have Decided to play Every Saturday At 1:00 PM EST. The beautiful thing about stellaris is it's multiplayer is drop in and out so you don't have to stick for the full experience and (i think, Don't quote me on this) you can join in even after a game has started

How Do I sign up?-  While you can just drop in and play with us anytime you want, we would prefer you use the link in the Links section to signup beforehand so we have a rough idea who's playing.

Confirmed list on who's Played- 
  • Pizzatiger
  • HydroFloric
  • Wire
  • Chase
  • ZeWaka
  • UrsulaMajor
  • Musketman12
Where can I go to contact you guys?- We are currently using the IRC channel #stellaristation as our main hub of information

LINKS

Store page- http://store.steampowered.com/app/281990/Stellaris/
Signup page to see who wants to playhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ...sp=sf_link
Stellaris Wiki- http://www.stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
Tutorial videos- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...raoClJrH2S
I would play a stellaris mp game.
sorry, i dont have and cant run your new fangled space empire games. i have sword of the stars complete collection though if any of u want to try play :3

im megamisto on steam which is where i have sots. we may need to use some kind of port forwarding or additional program to get multiplayer working since sots is over 10 yrs old and they dont keep servers for it anymore
(04-30-2017, 10:42 AM)misto Wrote: sorry, i dont have and cant run your new fangled space empire games. i have sword of the stars complete collection though if any of u want to try play :3
Bad idea mi*chokes*

I just can't do it i'm sorry....I'M SORRY -starts crying-

Good idea Misto!
Im totally up for a game. Also Just a heads up you only need the basegame if the host has the dlc's.
I finally got my internet issues fixed from last time so I'm down
hi i would play i was part of #stellaristation when it was happening back in the day
Im very interested
As the person who hosted stellaristation back in the day: good luck herding all of us adequately enough to actually play regular games.

Also, I'm in. I'll need to play some games tho because dang it's been ages and I've 100% forgotten how to play.
Is this maybe worth a poll or at least a channel in discord for easier communication?
Note that the #stellaristation channel on synirc still exists. Ya'll could just join that.
I'm in.
What time would we be doing this? Weekends would probably be best.
Can I join just to hold up the entire game until you all give up again?
Stellaris isn't turn based so I think that'd be harder.