Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial Solarium - !Mars Outpost! Bugged Inactive Cyborg
The solarium Mars Outpost has a room full of old inactive cyborgs with blocky bodies.

In this room is a blocky cyborg that is apparently supposed to turn on at some point, because it's a mob. 

You can heat it with a welding torch, you can drag it and push it, it opens doors it bumps into.

It also screams when you kill it!!

Unfortunately the mob doesn't activate or despawn properly when killed :'(
I believe there's a specific activation trigger in the room you find it in, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
I believe the activation trigger for the borg is the rover mainboard, as when you pick it up, "Uh oh." in red text appears in the text area, but nothing else happens.
Looking in the code (code\WorkInProgress\AphsStuff.dm) there is both the robot and the rover mainboard. Picking up the mainboard is supposed to trigger robots in view to attack, but maybe the robot's behavior or the trigger is borked.
It's been like this as long as I can remember but the first time I went to the outpost the person with me said they were supposed to attack.
I'm not really surprised by this, the mars outpost is unfinished as hell
(04-30-2017, 02:58 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Looking in the code (code\WorkInProgress\AphsStuff.dm) there is both the robot and the rover mainboard. Picking up the mainboard is supposed to trigger robots in view to attack, but maybe the robot's behavior or the trigger is borked.
It's been like this as long as I can remember but the first time I went to the outpost the person with me said they were supposed to attack.

Welp, it's listed as "WorkInProgress". Guess that explains why it doesn't work.