Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Finishing moves/Fatalities
If someone is in critical condition and you have a neck grab on them(disarm or kill), than clicking on objects that have unique suicide effects would let you preform a finishing move on your victim using it, because with how horribly brutal most of the suicides are in this game, why restrict it to just using it on yourself when you can have a nukeop shove the captain into the deep fryer alive? It would probably have a progress bar on it similar to stuffing corpses in the enzymatic reclaimer so nearby personnel can intervene before you can finish the job. Maybe make it a wrestling belt ability if you think it could be abused, but if you ask me if someone is in crit and you have a neckgrab on them they are basically already dead.
I can almost imagine a whole different, simpler health system based on this where being put into crit is something you would always heal out of automatically unless you continue to take damage while in it.
(04-29-2017, 09:17 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I can almost imagine a whole different, simpler health system based on this where being put into crit is something you would always heal out of automatically unless you continue to take damage while in it.

Would be nice for a deathmatch-style gamemode/server, but not sure about normal play. Coders write it down somewhere.
i really like this idea
Thinking on my idea, I came up with giving antagonists abilities that act as unique finishing moves. Some ideas:
  • Changelings would partially shift into horror form to swallow their victims whole
  • Wizards would call upon the power of their ancestors to overload their victims with magical energy, causing them to explode in a flash of light
  • Vampires would turn into a swarm of bats that would surrounded their victim and eat them alive, leaving behind a skeleton stripped of all flesh
  • Wrestlers would tap into a tiny amount of the power of the macho man, using the strength given to them to rip their victim limb from limb
  • Revenants would levitate their victim into the air with telekinesis before twisting their head off and crushing the rest of their body into a bloody ball of flesh and bone
  • American Football players would pin their victim to the ground and kick their victim's head off like a football, the head would keep flying until it hit something.
(04-29-2017, 09:51 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
  • American Football players would pin their victim to the ground and kick their victim's head off like a football, the head would keep flying until it hit something.

and then it explodes, leaving a gaping hole and cheeseburgers everywhere
Predator finisher should explode everything but the victim's head.
Gang members would be able to cut their victims apart cartel style.

"X pulls out a very well concealed knife and chops their victim to pieces, BRUTAL"
Wrestlers already have this, though it's not nearly as flashy or brutal.

If they're dead/crit (I haven't done research on it) and you get a KILL Neck-Grab and use SLAM, they will be gibbed from the slam.
i would prefer such coup de grace "moves" to be inventable by players ingame via extant mechanics or the expansion of extant mechanics, rather than more pushbutton moves

ie the quest for the perfect death pill, martian foot torture, custom flamethrower mix, etc. get creative
How about combine this with the "Staging Suicides" thread? Brutally put someone in a kill grab and Hack off their head with a Disposal/mail shoot, or perhaps Deepfry them to Death and Serve 'em as a traitor Chef....
Combining ideas from looking at the tgstation wiki and actual mortal kombat, I am wondering if the antag-specific finishers could be preformed by using a correct sequence of disarm/grab/harm intent on them while empty-handed.