Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
staging suicides
inspired by all of the cold case files and other murder documentary shows ive seen i present the idea of being able to try and make it look like someone killed themself 

but with the forensic scanner you could look deeper into it and find that the wounds may be inconsistent with a suicide
Maybe just remove the committed suicide examination text.

I'm not really sure why it's there to begin with!
I think it was added to reduce the number of repeat suicides.
(04-29-2017, 04:51 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I think it was added to reduce the number of repeat suicides.

What's wrong with repeat suicides, anyway?
(04-29-2017, 05:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-29-2017, 04:51 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I think it was added to reduce the number of repeat suicides.

security people get really mad if you suicide upon arrest
The suicide examine text never stops me being cloned
(04-29-2017, 05:08 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(04-29-2017, 05:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

security people get really mad if you suicide upon arrest

The frustration comes from certain non-antag players who just fuck with security, sometimes round after round back to back and just suicide when caught to avoid any kind of in game punishment. But hey if they rather wait a hour to play again then to wait out five minutes at most more power to them. I have fun gibbing their bodies so I get some enjoyment out of it.
I figured it was there, but I think that was added to prevent wasting time on suicides.

On that note, it doesn't stop you from toolboxing your head in the ol' fashioned way. It doesn't really affect much, as my radio-reported, highly-visible suicide still results in my dnr'd, puritain ass getting dragged to the cloner more often than not.

Anyways, I've always loved the idea of getting framed. Faking a suicide is nice. It doesn't really water down forensics. Granted, as is, you could probably deduce the problem from a medical scan. Suicides have pretty predictable damage patterns.
if people can cut off their own heads in firedoors, airlocks, and disposals chutes, i dont see why someone couldnt do the same to a dead body to throw the fuzz off the trail
This is why you dispose of the body, jeez! Throw it in the trash or out into space and it doesn't matter what their examine text says anymore.
(05-02-2017, 08:49 AM)Cirrial Wrote: This is why you dispose of the body, jeez! Throw it in the trash or out into space and it doesn't matter what their examine text says anymore.

But then you can't leave tantalizing clues beyond for the detective to slowly piece together
I am honestly of the opinion that detective shouldn't be able to be a traitor because all traitor detectives are shitty (and i just made a post on another thread about a time i was a traitor det) and non traitor det can be real fun to piece together mysteries and adds to the chase of being a traitor, fun times