Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think lighting is a tad bit too dark and should be made brighter.
It's just a tad bit too hard to see without turning on a bunch of lights.
(04-27-2017, 12:57 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: It's just a tad bit too hard to see without turning on a bunch of lights.

It is fine for me
(04-27-2017, 12:57 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: It's just a tad bit too hard to see without turning on a bunch of lights.

I agree but I've gotten so used to it now that I don't care one way or another. If anything I say a good common ground is to make flashlights brighter.
Last time this was brought up I think I was of the opinion that it wasn't about how dark it is, but how ineffective lights were/are.

I really like dark being dark.
(04-27-2017, 01:29 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Last time this was brought up I think I was of the opinion that it wasn't about how dark it is, but how ineffective lights were/are.

I agree with this. Darkness is finally a threat now.
(04-27-2017, 01:29 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Last time this was brought up I think I was of the opinion that it wasn't about how dark it is, but how ineffective lights were/are.

I suppose that's a more accurate description of my gripe.
I would like it if there were more ways to mitigate it other than 'more lights', though. Thinking mostly of roles like AI, blob and vamp - the former two often end up having to scan low-lighting areas for threats and can barely see them, and as for vamp I find Cloak of Darkness near useless since it doesn't matter if people can't see me when I can barely see anything myself.
(04-27-2017, 02:32 PM)Roomba Wrote: I would like it if there were more ways to mitigate it other than 'more lights', though. Thinking mostly of roles like AI, blob and vamp - the former two often end up having to scan low-lighting areas for threats and can barely see them, and as for vamp I find Cloak of Darkness near useless since it doesn't matter if people can't see me when I can barely see anything myself.

Yeah the AI cams should have some form of Night vision, so I don't have to get 2 inches from the screen to see anything on my cams.
(04-27-2017, 02:50 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 02:32 PM)Roomba Wrote: I would like it if there were more ways to mitigate it other than 'more lights', though. Thinking mostly of roles like AI, blob and vamp - the former two often end up having to scan low-lighting areas for threats and can barely see them, and as for vamp I find Cloak of Darkness near useless since it doesn't matter if people can't see me when I can barely see anything myself.

Yeah the AI cams should have some form of Night vision, so I don't have to get 2 inches from the screen to see anything on my cams.

That's a good idea.
but that'd make the ai more powerful and that's teeerrible /s
sounds good
did you guys ever manage to get directional/cone beam flashlights/headlamps implemented. then you can light up whats in front of you rather than lighting up just your guy
(04-27-2017, 04:53 PM)misto Wrote: did you guys ever manage to get directional/cone beam flashlights/headlamps implemented. then you can light up whats in front of you rather than lighting up just your guy

That would be great for horror rp!