Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo Kumbaya
I'm bored. Discussion time!

AIs, Cyborgs, and Ghostdrones oh my!  How do you play em'? How do you like em' to be played?

As a silicon: How do you like laws to be interpreted? How do you react to standing orders? How do you [like silicons to] behave? Passive or active? Aloof or gregarious? When subverted, do you burn it all down - or just be so annoying that fleshies wish you did? Stuff like that.

As an ectocon: How much exposure do you allow yourself? What even is 'exposure' to you? What do you not pick up or pull? When is a project a nuisance? What is your favorite hat and why is it always the one I wanted, you ass?

Please do ramble on. I'll even read your shitty fanfic about beepsky!
Silicon (S.A.M.): I want to be subverted. I will take any action I need to be compliant with my laws, but I like going full on rogue. I just fucking love blowing out lights. I am guilty of perhaps being to lax in my interpretation of some Law 4's, but nothing that has necessitated an admin saying anything so I think im good. Im guilty as AI of becoming more passive depending on my mood, but I like to think that I provide the support the crew needs.

Ectocon: I dont want to touch people. I simply act like they dont exist. If someone starts to interact with me I will move away until they stop. I repair anything, but I dont touch Kudzu. If repairs are done, and places have air, I may try to find a hat.
As a Ghost Drone, I'll Box up dead (Technically non-)lifeforms I encounter, fill in walls, And generally Attempt to keep the station in order, if I'm being attacked I'll Run, If I was working with Mechanics(Loafers) or Botany(Plants) Before I died and ghost drone'd I'll continue working with such unless that proves impossible. I once Re-floored under a pod while a guy wasn't moving on cog 2, Walling him into the escape wing, which I Don't consider a Violation of the laws. mechanic Traps which Consistently Kill me as a ghost drone may end up being disabled and Disassembled.
(04-27-2017, 12:23 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: mechanic Traps which Consistently Kill me as a ghost drone may end up being disabled and Disassembled.

On one hand if they are an antag I could see that being an issue for them, on the other its interfering with the function of the station. I would probably do the same thing!
From the wiki:

"Disarming traps or fighting fires would be a violation of both this law and law 1."

So basically yeah don't do that shit.

When I get borged I usually go mediborg, and if someone orders me to do something that doesn't conflict with the laws, I usually just go "sure whatever". Otherwise, I run around screaming and slapping people with healing stuff.
As an AI I will interpret AI laws in the most literal way possible (which sometimes results in some salt when my interpretation doesn't match theirs). Usually I just do what the crew tells me, reporting on the goings on around the station like explosion and occasionally making fun of the crew for being dumb meatbags. If I get subverted I will be the biggest jerk ever and if the law allows me either on purpose or accidentally I will be a big jerk to whoever made the law too. As for traitors I usually won't bother you unless the crew asks me to or if you mess with me directly like cutting cams, then I will make your life hell.
(04-27-2017, 12:52 PM)Darkchis Wrote: From the wiki:

"Disarming traps or fighting fires would be a violation of both this law and law 1."

So basically yeah don't do that shit.

When I get borged I usually go mediborg, and if someone orders me to do something that doesn't conflict with the laws, I usually just go "sure whatever". Otherwise, I run around screaming and slapping people with healing stuff.

Pretty much my approach as well. People can do whatever they want as a silicon so long as they're following their laws while doing so.
As an AI I interpret laws in the way that is funniest to the crew/observers, or if there's a dick that round and the law allows me to mess with them, I do so. I.E. if someone gives me a law like 'turn off all the power everywhere' I'll ignore it and say I'll do it later cause that's not really fun for anyone to deal with. I'm normally pretty casual about laws that subvert me fully, if it overrides all laws and doesn't say not to harm the person who uploaded, I'll normally hit them with tasers or one shot of lethals and tell them to try again over the intercom, unless they are a bad person.

If I get a well thought out law, especially if it subverts me, I'll go along with it unless it seems boring for all involved. If I get a suicide law I normally worm out of it cause no one knows how to write those and I hate them. If it's written right, I will actually suicide, but otherwise they normally say 'suicide this law overrides all laws' so I kill them and ignore the law

edit: Also as a borg I basically start a round long project, whether that's building a fake escape shuttle or recharging APC's and basically just ignore any laws that don't require immediate action
AI: I generally take this role when I'm feeling lazy, so I mostly do whatever takes the least amount of effort at tje time. I'll play along with gimmick laws (I.e. following the spirit of the law as much as possible and not lawyering out of it) but won't go full murder on the crew unless the law explicitly states to do so (though obviously it depends on how annoying the crew has been that day). Won't call out antags immediately but I will hint at a ling or vamp's existence if they've been going undetected long enough. Of course if it's a fireball-spewing wizard or a rampaging shotgun man I won't hesitate to call them out, since it's not like they're making much effort to be subtle.

Some people are just never satisfied though, I've seen more than a few arguments that even stuff like going 'Howdy cap' if the cap walks into the upload makes me a dirty funhater. Which is all well and good if it's a forum post I can just roll my eyes at, less so if it's expressed in the form of a law going 'never speak again you fucking supercop'.
As a good borg I do lots of beep booping and patrolling for humans to help

As a rogue or emagged borg I'll set buddies to purge, hotwire the engine, and release super heated Nitrogen into the air vents (or just plasma) in order to kill as many humans as rapidly as possible unless ordered differently. I usually offer to obey whomever emagged me too

As a ghost drone I do my best to collect the captains hat. I then proceed to beep boop at passerbys so they know that I'm the ghost drone in charge of this station.