Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Summer is coming
And that means the possible greytide or just more people in general from other servers getting on goon because the tide is high on their servers.

Why am i saying this?
to warn/prepare people for the shitter safari goonstation might be during it also to say a new game that people can play when the griff squads come in.

i like to call them:

shitter safari and get that griefer.

shitter safari is simply just spotting people who are acting like shit and are not a antag simple as that.

get that griefer is something you can do after finding the shite bags griefing the place and giving them a good 'ol beating because they deserve it mostlikely ahelp before you start shoving the shits out of the airlock so you wont get a angty admin asking why you killed people  if teaching people a lesson is not something you like doing you ca alternativly just go runing around finding bodies to clone it always helps.

and another reason is to say that the admins should prepare for a possible sht storm of kids ok.
My experience with summers has always been positive. Older players have more time to come on and teaching new players has always been a fun dynamic especially when there's a flood of newbies to be cannon fodder.
shrug
Summers are always the best times for goonstation.

High populations, lots of old and new faces, and coders with more spare time (sometimes) abound!
I've always had a good time with new people just coming onto the server to chill out and have fun, they're way more willing to interact with people and generally more pleasant to be around. Anyone clearly coming on just to griff rarely lasts more than a couple of rounds.
Winter is coming
Yeah this is probably the only game I've ever played where the summer migrants made things better.
More players could definitely lead to more problems but also more fun

I myself only found ss13 through EvE Online players mentioning it casually in passing conversation. We don't exactly have a big pool of players to pull from so if anything we should probably try to make them feel welcomed and teach them to do things like talk over the radio and open toolboxes so they don't just give up

Maybe even have a nice popup like the assday one for never before seen BYOND keys advertising how to use mentorhelp in a way that's hard miss
More players is good, the game needs a constant flow of new players or it will die.
I Discovered this game through the DF forums, which I Discovered through the Minecraft wiki, Which I discovered Through watching minercraft videos And deciding I liked the game.

All in all, I think I took the long path to here.
Yay! New people to play with!
(04-25-2017, 12:01 PM)Sov Wrote: Maybe even have a nice popup like the assday one for never before seen BYOND keys advertising how to use mentorhelp in a way that's hard miss

That is a very good idea!
(04-25-2017, 12:33 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Yay! New people to play with!

Woo! More people to play farting spacemen with! I'm always in favor of having new people join the game!
Summer tends to be a great time for Goonstation. So I'm excited.
summer already ended, winter is coming
(04-25-2017, 12:13 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I Discovered this game through the DF forums, which I Discovered through the Minecraft wiki, Which I discovered Through watching minercraft videos And deciding I liked the game.

All in all, I think I took the long path to here.

Pft, that's nothing.

I was introduced to this game by my girlfriend, who i met because of a friend who met her at a convention, because they were cosplaying homestuck characters, because i introduced him to homestuck, which i found through the minecraft forums, which i found through minecraft youtube videos, which i was watching because i had nothing better to do!