Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Mesons Actually Useful
Currently, mesons have a very niche use case. I actually use the mesonic imaging cybereyes as punishment rather than simply removing someone's eyes, that's how annoying they are in most cases.

To give them a marginal actual advantage, how about letting them be able to look at what non-limb augments humans have (i.e. cybereyes, cyberheart, cyberbutt), with non-mesonic examinations not revealing this information? Additionally, inspecting a cyborg could tell you what upgrades it has in addition to its module, and indicate whether the cyborg has an AI interface or an organic interface.

If you're feeling like this isn't enough (and I'm definitely not sure how possible this is, I haven't looked) but they could also have a (toggle-able) ability to look at all areas as if they were under the effect of a T-ray scanner.

I feel like all of the above would be fitting with their theme and general actual useful functions of their common users, and actually give people a mild reason to wear them (currently they're pretty terrible except for miners chipping away at an asteroid by hand).
I like these ideas but a full screen constant T-ray scanner is a bit much, I think. Instead, how about it's got the same range as a T-ray scanner but it's constant, instead of pulsing. And the other things you said
(04-24-2017, 03:50 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I like these ideas but a full screen constant T-ray scanner is a bit much, I think. Instead, how about it's got the same range as a T-ray scanner but it's constant, instead of pulsing. And the other things you said

I mean, it'd be a reason to actually wear them. Fair compromise, though.
(04-24-2017, 03:50 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I like these ideas but a full screen constant T-ray scanner is a bit much, I think. Instead, how about it's got the same range as a T-ray scanner but it's constant, instead of pulsing. And the other things you said

You can't really see the entire screen while wearing them anyway.
i use them as poor mans nvgs, very useful for being a cyberpunk robuster