Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Talking To Me?
When conditions are normal, one's character says something. When one tacks an exclamation point on the end of a sentence, the character exclaims the statement.

There are various other iterations of speech: stammers, states, slurs, whispers, etc.

As of now, one can only stammer when injured or affected by external catalysts. What if, similarly to whisper's implementation, one could type stammer "statement" and the character would stammer instead of simply saying something. This would extend to all available forms of speech currently implemented: slurring, stating, exclaiming, saying, and so on.

Thoughts?
My only concern with this is that in some cases these are important to communicate certain status effects such as damage type or toxin presence. I could easily see this becoming the new fake *gasp, BUT that may not be bad thing.
My inspiration for this was mostly for traitorous purposes. Deceiving people over the radio and making them think you're being attacked, feigning drunkenness and stumbling around, and so on.
(04-24-2017, 07:08 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: My inspiration for this was mostly for traitorous purposes. Deceiving people over the radio and making them think you're being attacked, feigning drunkenness and stumbling around, and so on.

For the first, just type what you want to say into the chat and hit yourself with an extinguisher or a screwdriver, it'll output it over the radio and --UUURK it.

For the second, turn on walk and burp a lot.
Damn you and your workarounds, Zewaka!  Argh!
(04-25-2017, 12:26 AM)zewaka Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 07:08 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: My inspiration for this was mostly for traitorous purposes. Deceiving people over the radio and making them think you're being attacked, feigning drunkenness and stumbling around, and so on.

For the first, just type what you want to say into the chat and hit yourself with an extinguisher or a screwdriver, it'll output it over the radio and --UUURK it.

For the second, turn on walk and burp a lot.
Stupid funny fix, give the voice changer mask an optional setting to switch between voice states like shouting, drunk, accented, etc.