Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
allow people with accents to perfectly understand people who have a matching accent
the idea is that a scot would be able to understand a fellow scot whereas a swede talking to a scot would result in whats ingame now

This Sounds like a great Idea, on the high player tides lljk2 normally has several people with Swedish accents some of whom can't even understant Themselves, and People use Scotish at all hours with most people Still not getting 1/2 of what they are saying.
I have no idea how you'd even implement this without adding some extra checks to every sentence people say.

I also feel like it would remove a lot of the flavor added by accents in the first place.
(04-23-2017, 06:22 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I have no idea how you'd even implement this without adding some extra checks to every sentence people say.

I also feel like it would remove a lot of the flavor added by accents in the first place.
Just put a mouse over text box for people who share the accent but nobody else maybe unless that would be worse
(04-23-2017, 05:43 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: This Sounds like a great Idea, on the high player tides lljk2 normally has several people with Swedish accents some of whom can't even understant Themselves, and People use Scotish at all hours with most people Still not getting 1/2 of what they are saying.

I understand almost everything the Scottish accent trait says.
I can understand Scottish but Swedish is impossible
Universal translator cart for PDA's. Have it repeat sentences said in accents, including martian and chimp
Fun fact: Combining the Scottish Accent and being drunk produces a style of speaking that sounds like Sean Connery!
(04-23-2017, 12:42 PM)Maegor Wrote: I can understand Scottish but Swedish is impossible

I have the totally opposite problem!!
(04-23-2017, 12:49 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Universal translator cart for PDA's. Have it repeat sentences said in accents, including martian and chimp

this except it frequently gets words wrong and replaces them with a completely different one
Only if it makes it so normal accent sounds strange to people with accents
(04-23-2017, 01:04 PM)Haine Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 12:42 PM)Maegor Wrote: I can understand Scottish but Swedish is impossible

I have the totally opposite problem!!

IMO Swedish just distorts words, but they're still easy to understand (even EEEE for AI). Scottish on the other hand straight up replaces a lot of words, so it can be a pain in the butt to understand, even when you play with it on. :scotland: