Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Community Coder Conveniences
(05-04-2017, 03:23 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
it's pretty crap and unrealistic.
(i somehow trashed the quote) yeah this is all of space station
What's big that needs to be done? That depends what you define as "big"

- Chaplain Rework, abandoned
- Medical Additions (worked on by Haine afaik.. abandoned?)
- Borg Rework, currently being fiddled by Noah
- The void that is IBM's artifact research
- Food actually being of use, so that botany/chef role actually is valued.
- Cash/economy actually being of use
- Material system actually being of use, currently needs far more things to craft and needs unique properties (KEEEEELLLIIIN)
- New gamemodes that isn't just a rehashed traitor with funky objectives (see: Spy, etc.)

This list for me are the serious "to-do" list, everything else should take a a backseat. Like I have stated previously, we are feature laden in many aspects, but extremely feature barren in others.

Real Talk: We do not need any more "reworks" other than the ones I have stated. We just generally need more stuff. And this is not a case of the spoiled child syndrome of wanting more and more, this is to do with how many things feel very unfinished/unpolished in comparison to other things in the game.
Ahem...
[Image: o52KTKf.jpg]
(05-04-2017, 04:23 AM)Sundance Wrote: What's big that needs to be done? That depends what you define as "big"

- Chaplain Rework, abandoned
- Medical Additions (worked on by Haine afaik.. abandoned?)
- Borg Rework, currently being fiddled by Noah
- The void that is IBM's artifact research
- Food actually being of use, so that botany/chef role actually is valued.
- Cash/economy actually being of use
- Material system actually being of use, currently needs far more things to craft and needs unique properties (KEEEEELLLIIIN)
- New gamemodes that isn't just a rehashed traitor with funky objectives (see: Spy, etc.)

This list for me are the serious "to-do" list, everything else should take a a backseat. Like I have stated previously, we are feature laden in many aspects, but extremely feature barren in others.

Real Talk: We do not need any more "reworks" other than the ones I have stated. We just generally need more stuff. And this is not a case of the spoiled child syndrome of wanting more and more, this is to do with how many things feel very unfinished/unpolished in comparison to other things in the game.

Well, Noahs borg patch is almost finished as far as i'm aware, we could get a bunch of people together to help him go through and bugfix it.

Hell, if we could get a bunch of people together for all of those things, that'd be great. I find myself time and time again trying to get into coding but running out of steam pretty quickly. I tend to have more motivation when working with other people though so if the same holds true for others, then it might be a great way to get shit done.

I also have a pretty big block of free time coming up in a couple of weeks, so i'm definitely looking for something to do.
I'd also really like "Making the AI not horrible to play" on that list because it's been pretty topical in some of the recent threads.

You know, on account of all the things it can't do
(05-04-2017, 05:57 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I'd also really like "Making the AI not horrible to play" on that list because it's been pretty topical in some of the recent threads.

You know, on account of all the things it can't do

Ditto. Talk about feature barren
Cargo is another area that could use some rework, which mostly goes hand-in-hand with any economy re-balances. They're mostly superfluous on any given round, and it's rare I'll actually see someone playing QM. Give them something useful stuff to order, and rework the trader system to be a little less shallow and more engaging.