Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Debris Field Stuff/Z levels
In the past one of the most fun things about a new map was exploring the new exploration z levels that were offered and after cog1 it was confined to just 3 z levels (adventure zone, station, debris field). I would love to see some of the older exploration z levels make a return for more exploration shenanigans as a miner or bored HoP.
Yes! We already have the Buddy Factory return! And I think Hemera is a Mushroom-era derelict, but I'd love to see such old classic such as Biolab return!

But this is mostly because I never saw these.
I think that the locations of the debris field attractions should be randomized every round. Doesn't sound like the sort of thing that's possible, but I like the idea.
(04-19-2017, 03:30 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I think that the locations of the debris field attractions should be randomized every round. Doesn't sound like the sort of thing that's possible, but I like the idea.

I agree, not only would this cause less lag (I think) but this will make Solarium harder/more varied and make less hotspots for free shit (NASA suit, Phaser, BEEZ)
But make the Bee Hive spawn every time perhaps, because it's BEEZ.
I'd like z level rotation. Just drop a call for mapmakers to make shit. There's plenty of people in our community who love doin' that kinda stuff.

Sol people be screamin' o'course.

edit: That is, extra z levels are laggy. Or they used to be. I'd rather have things rotated than increase lag.
I already have a map made .-.
yeah, having the locations randomize every time would be neat as hell. might also prevent drones blowing up the faint signal beacon and all the pods there whenever anyone goes to steal the nassa suit
I'd love to have the jurassic station back, so this gets my vote.
What if there was something similar to the Mineral Magnet (or a modification to it) that creates a random mini adventure in a square area? Design in that small of an area would probably be simple, and easy to get community suggestions for.
I've seen other servers take set pieces and rearrange them around, I suspect it ought to be possible, but the debris field is carefully crafted so you don't get things like syndicate drones sitting at the diner beacon etc. that'd have to be considered if you wanted to do a shuffle.

let me just add partial dmm loading to my sisyphean sized todo list
How taxing would it be to occasionally have an entire other station map accessible through some random z-level ?

I think telsci evactuation into destiny / clarion would be cool as hell, or just skeleton crewing donut or cog1 with a couple dudes.
(04-20-2017, 10:18 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: How taxing would it be to occasionally have an entire other station map accessible through some random z-level ?

I think telsci evactuation into destiny / clarion would be cool as hell, or just skeleton crewing donut or cog1 with a couple dudes.

Probably rather taxing.

Although, this does make me wonder about the feasibility of having a small station or something somewhere that can move your character between the servers. That'd be pretty cool and would do something similair to what you just suggested.
(04-20-2017, 02:06 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 10:18 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: How taxing would it be to occasionally have an entire other station map accessible through some random z-level ?

Probably rather taxing.

Although, this does make me wonder about the feasibility of having a small station or something somewhere that can move your character between the servers. That'd be pretty cool and would do something similair to what you just suggested.

Oh man, yeah. All you'd have to do is make 1 spawn you in with whatever your current loadout was, but that does raise an issue of effectively being in a pocket dimension where the current round state doesnt matter. I foresee people dipping out into LLJK1 with solarium shit, waiting for restart, then dipping back into 2 with potentially game breaking doubles of stuff.  

Honestly other than the relative complexity of a station level vs a debris level, I can't see it being particularly problematic. Maybe restrict it to the simpler stations only.
(04-20-2017, 02:16 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Probably rather taxing.

Oh man, yeah. All you'd have to do is make 1 spawn you in with whatever your current loadout was, but that does raise an issue of effectively being in a pocket dimension where the current round state doesnt matter. I foresee people dipping out into LLJK1 with solarium shit, waiting for restart, then dipping back into 2 with potentially game breaking doubles of stuff.  

Honestly other than the relative complexity of a station level vs a debris level, I can't see it being particularly problematic. Maybe restrict it to the simpler stations only.

Something to consider with this is that rounds on LLJK 1 tend to last a good deal longer. What's to stop someone ducking out one round, perhaps with antagonist status, and jumping back in on the next? How would round-based antagonists be dealt with using this?
(04-20-2017, 02:24 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 02:16 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Probably rather taxing.

Something to consider with this is that rounds on LLJK 1 tend to last a good deal longer. What's to stop someone ducking out one round, perhaps with antagonist status, and jumping back in on the next? How would round-based antagonists be dealt with using this?

Moving between servers is a fun idea, but has so many game-breaking aspects involved that I'd consider it a write-off. As someone who mostly plays on LLJK1, I have zero interest in LLJK2 players appearing with no warning or notice of the different rules/pace of the server and just going about it like they're still on LLJK2. There's nothing "wrong" with LLJK2, but there's a reason people play on LLJK1 instead.