Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do other stations have that we don't?
Also I don't know if goon has this but on tg you can smack exposed wires with a multitool on machines to pop up the wire hacking menu IIRC.
(04-24-2017, 06:07 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 03:46 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: only good thing about TG's ui is that it updates itself so you don't have to reopen the window over and over. it looks fancier but i couldn't care less

...but our UI does that
no like with sleepers or whatever the updating is slow, and sometimes pop up windows just do not update until you click the source again
In terms of content and features, they've got stuff for days.

In terms of community, ain't nobody got nothing on us.
(04-24-2017, 03:33 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: iirc goon's vending machine ui has been that same basic web panel forever
if it was sprited into an actual vending machine with light-up buttons that turn dark when the machine is empty, that would basically be the best thing ever, but it would have to be limited to machines with a small and consistent inventory

you'd also have to take into account if the machine has secret goodies
Fewer nerfs to movement.
(04-26-2017, 01:07 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Fewer nerfs to movement.
(04-26-2017, 01:07 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Fewer nerfs to movement.

Unless we're talking about baycode.
I genuinely can't distinguish between actual salt about dragspeed and satire now. That is how much you guys have run that into the ground.

I haven't gotten overly deep into other servers, but playing AI elsewhere is much less frustrating due to camera movement, so that.
(04-26-2017, 09:13 AM)Mordent Wrote: I genuinely can't distinguish between actual salt about dragspeed and satire now. That is how much you guys have run that into the ground.

I haven't gotten overly deep into other servers, but playing AI elsewhere is much less frustrating due to camera movement, so that.

I know that the admins had been testing an AI cam that acted like the blob's ghost mind thing. Unsure of where that went though
I'll freely admit my last post wasn't 100% sincere, given my current most favourite server outside of goonstation is FTL13, where they applied a blanket speed reduction across the board for everyone (rip plasmamen, already slow, now even slower).
Unsure if this has been said already, but douchebags. Not only does Goon have the best community, but almost every other server has literally the opposite. All assholes. They literally have slurs that are bannable here on their wiki for traitors and shit on most servers. But if you ignore radio most servers are okay I guess. Goon is the best tho
(04-26-2017, 09:13 AM)Mordent Wrote: I genuinely can't distinguish between actual salt about dragspeed and satire now. That is how much you guys have run that into the ground.

Not to mention that movement on other servers is literally just a nerfed version of old goon movement. I think I remember stuff like sliding under flaps being patched out of tg's movement years ago.
The ability to climb onto tables.
(04-27-2017, 08:42 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: The ability to climb onto tables.

We can do that! You just have to be either a monkey or wrestler, though!
i like being able to pick what race my character is