Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centration, (Not a) SS13 remake
hahahaha centration

yeah there's an awful lot of hilarious drama behind those folks, don't get your hopes up
I always love the idea of a 3d ss13 game, I will keep an eye on this.
Cogwerks Wrote:hahahaha centration

yeah there's an awful lot of hilarious drama behind those folks, don't get your hopes up

Can you give us the short version?
I think I heard about Centration many monthes ago.

If I'm remembering it right, they sure haven't done much.

But then again I could be remembering some other SS13 remake forum.
Anticheese Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:hahahaha centration

Can you give us the short version?

Centration is being directed by AZA/noms, the guy who gave ss13's code to the goons and sperged out when he realized he wasnt getting shit for it

I happen to be one of the first to have contacted AZA when he posted some obscure thread on the minecraft forums about a year ago. We first tried to remake ss13 in byond, but it was a shitty idea and didnt work out.

After that, AZA hired some interested amateurs to help him try to build up a game that would stop being a remake attempt but a whole new implementation of the the space station survival concept. They began with the Unity engine, but it turned out to be tedious and shit and after some months, they decided to use UnrealEngine 3.

AZA keeps me updated on their progress and gameplay footage will be coming soon : they have made huge progress over the nine months they've been working on it. After all, they have to learn how UE3 works and shit, you can't expect a fully fledged game like the one they plan to make to be done in less than a year.

If everything goes right, the game will be released in summer 2013.

To be honest, what they're doing sounds way more substantial that the Robust Games guys ever showed us.

Of course, I haven't been the witness of any drama whatsoever so I prolly missed some retarded stuff from those guys
Fautzo Wrote:Were these the guys that kept being pestered about this being an ss13 remake and came out to say it was not?
Yeah, at one point they were talking about how it'll be a new take on SS13, now they deny that the game is based on SS13 and scream at anyone who says otherwise, just like how the devs of WarZ deny that they've based their game off that Arma II "DayZ" mod.
If somehow a 3D Ss13 was released, i don't think i would actually like it unless there was a goon server, what they seem to be trying to do is make the game( even though they deny it) as SS13 the gritty reboot super cereal horrorfest, Personally from what i have seen from the corridors of the game, it is way too fucking dark, i dunno if they want to fix that though.

I'm not sure the spirit of goonstation would be captured in this game,
I pretty much know for a fact that in centration i will not walk around then suddenly all the camera's are dancing Micheal jackson's and 40 suits of NT bioarmor are sent and zombies start appearing out of portals.

They really don't seem interested in allowing us to have craziness instead of darkness.
On second thought i am not being fair, i will just have to wait and see how this turns out.
Shoddy Wrote:Stuff

I said it earlier, but they are saying that they are trying to make it easily and widely customizable and moddable for people who host servers.
Ronnyfire Wrote:

I said it earlier, but they are saying that they are trying to make it easily and widely customizable and moddable for people who host servers.

Yeah, that is why i posted shortly after, i delved a bit deeper and i am now on the fence, if they somehow allow us to have goonstation in all its glory on centration that would be cool.
Those Robust Games guys are just so much cooler though.
Ninja clowns who hide in the dark and throw banana peels on the floor to make people slip would be pretty hilarious in a 3d setting.

Also, Make super serious server, Tell people to wear headphones, Grab a clown mask, put a clown horn in your hand, sneak up to people and HONK

Proceed to get murdered because you legitly scared someone.
Ronnyfire Wrote:

The only thing is that it's much harder to make models/textures instead of simple 32x32 sprites, i imagine the userbase will expand a lot though so that might not be a problem.
Splatpope Wrote:To be honest, what they're doing sounds way more substantial that the Robust Games guys ever showed us.

We eagerly anticipate proving you wrong very soon wink
supernorn Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:To be honest, what they're doing sounds way more substantial that the Robust Games guys ever showed us.

We eagerly anticipate proving you wrong very soon wink

Well I guess that's a good thing and all