Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FEATURE] Toilet warp pipes and swirlie suicide
(04-19-2017, 03:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 02:38 PM)Crazyabe Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 02:25 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 01:43 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 01:30 PM)Arborinus Wrote: So it teleports you to a toilet on the same Z level right? Are people going to jump into the Ice Moon toilet and pop out the Akademik toilet? Or is that restricted?

You can only warp between toilets on the same z-level, and you can't warp between toilets on a restricted z-level.

This means you can't use toilets to shortcut adventure zone puzzles, (un)fortunately.

That being said, there should be a jumpsuit somewhere that lets you do this, just for shits and giggles. Maybe not from inside the adventure zone Z level, but you should certainly be able to get to the adventure zone like this

"The Sewage Kingdom" A New Section of Adventure zone infested with Turtles and Mushrooms, Both of which will try to eat you, Only accessible from the toilets around the Adventure zone IF you have mushrooms in your hands while you flush yourself.

Could be a hub world of sorts, with pipes that correspond to specific toilets for very fast travel

"Cold death" "Hot death" "Killer ghost" "Living death" "Meet Death" "Clownspace" "King death" "Random death" "I can't remember where this one goes"
I'm not good at mapping yet, so a hub world will have to wait for an actual coder to decide it's a good idea.
ask marcus

he might be able to help with that
And a flat probability that the toilets just dump you into the Void while a disembodied voice yells "WELCOME TO WARP ZONE"

i'll get me coat
I would totally sprite and map a TMNT/Super Mario sewer hub world if someone coded it
(04-20-2017, 12:54 PM)Arborinus Wrote: I would totally sprite and map a TMNT/Super Mario sewer hub world if someone coded it

I'd totally be willing to code that.
I pinged you with some of this on discord but I figured I should post in here instead of spamming up things there:
1. This is a neat idea!

2. Don't use hasvar() unless you have a really good reason to do so! It just does thing.vars.Find(varname) and that's way less efficient than just typechecking and typecasting for stuff you know has that var (atm only humans have organHolders so there's no reason to hasvar() instead of ishuman())

3. Avoid using colons unless you're REALLY SURE that the var or proc you're trying to look at/use will be on the thing!  Probably just don't use them at all!
EX: 
Code:
/obj/item/storage/toilet/MouseDrop_T(mob/M as mob, mob/user as mob)
    if (!ticker)
        boutput(user, "You can't help relieve anyone before the game starts.")
        return
    if ((!( istype(M, /mob) ) || get_dist(src, user) > 1 || M.loc != src.loc || user.restrained() || usr.stat))
        return
    if ((M == usr) && (istype(M:w_uniform, /obj/item/clothing/under/gimmick/mario)) && (istype(M:head, /obj/item/clothing/head/mario)))
Last line is the relevant one.  Not all mobs have the w_uniform var - only humans do - so if anything other than a human is usr for this proc (IE a cyborg, a ghost drone) a runtime will happen as soon as it gets to that third if() and the proc will just stop.
This is fixed by doing:
Code:
if (M == user && ishuman(user))
    var/mob/living/carbon/human/H = user
    if (istype(H.w_uniform, /obj/item/clothing/under/gimmick/mario) && istype(H.head, /obj/item/clothing/head/mario))

4. This section of code:
Code:
for (var/mob/O in AIviewers(head, null))
   if (prob(33) && ishuman(O))
       O.show_message("<span style='color:red'>You feel ill from watching that.</span>")
       for (var/mob/V in viewers(O, null))
           V.show_message("<span style='color:red'>[O] pukes all over \himself.</span>", 1)
           playsound(O.loc, "sound/effects/splat.ogg", 50, 1)
           new /obj/decal/cleanable/vomit(O.loc)
I know this just came from another suicide's code, but be careful with just copy/pasting stuff like this without reading what it really does.  I had to fix this for handcuffs, because what happens here is:

1. It loops through all mobs (O) that can see the head.
2. It then only does anything to humans, making looping through all mob types pointless (you can do "for (var/mob/living/carbon/human/O in AIviewers(head, null))")
3. Shows O a message.
4. Loops through all mobs (V) that can see O.
5. Shows V a message.
6. Plays a sound at O's loc for V.
7. Makes a vomit decal at O's loc for V.

What this means is that, if 4 people and 3 ghosts can see O, O will play 7 sounds and make 7 decals at their location.

I'll be implementing this after cleaning it up a little bit to deal with this stuff.