Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Donation Incentives
If we ever do the permanent bank thing maybe give donors some space dollars to buy fun hats?
(04-20-2017, 11:54 AM)Sov Wrote: If we ever do the permanent bank thing maybe give donors some space dollars to buy fun hats?

Do not turn ss13 into tf2 EVER
(04-20-2017, 12:33 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 11:54 AM)Sov Wrote: If we ever do the permanent bank thing maybe give donors some space dollars to buy fun hats?

"Exchange real-life money for in-game money" sounds distinctly facebook p2p.
SpaceVille13 Saga: Dream Space Girldriend!
(04-20-2017, 12:44 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Go to the ss13 store now, coder rank only 199.99
(04-20-2017, 12:45 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 12:44 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Go to the ss13 store now, coder rank only 199.99

Admin rank is only 999.99. We couldn't set a higher price or it would begin outputting errors.
(04-19-2017, 10:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about birthday rewards? Donate, enter in your birthday, and something special happens? Maybe there's a party set up for you in the bar that day, with cake, decorations, gifts, and party favors

I love it.
I already get a party without donating
The party usually involves the station exploding, because it's American Fireworks Day
Something like a small map voting power boost probably wouldnt be too egregious if map switching ever gets implemented.

Cosmetics should be fine as long as the crew can fart in your face and steal it from you. Unless it's some kind of fart-resistant mask that throws up messages like "x tries to fart in y's face, but their mask protects them!".

(04-19-2017, 10:36 PM)TheĀ GrimĀ Sleeper Wrote: I support the idea of cosmetic boons for donators.

But I think there should also to be discusion of more concrete boons, if only to establish that those are right out.

Selling of antag-token is a big no.

What about a 'priority job'-pass for non-unique jobs?

Job priority could still lead to donators taking all of a job's positions, while that doesn't directly affect gameplay it's still bs

Quote:What about a 'staff assistant job as unwanted' option?

Rather than just straight up removing it how about the option to play as a random gimmick job instead? (it's not removable because it's the default job when nothing else is available)
Ooo! I've got a good one.

When you donate, it helps to pay for the server and web hosting costs so we all get to keep playing this game we enjoy and love so much for years to come.

That sounds like a good incentive to me!
(04-24-2017, 06:06 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Ooo! I've got a good one.

When you donate, it helps to pay for the server and web hosting costs so we all get to keep playing this game we enjoy and love so much for years to come.

Well yeah, granted, but that's not going to disappear if we add more incentives, is it?
I was gonna donate the other day but I was buying something else and it was like twice as much as I thought, next week tho, I'll donate
(04-24-2017, 07:34 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 06:06 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Ooo! I've got a good one.

Well yeah, granted, but that's not going to disappear if we add more incentives, is it?

I was being facetious: I often am.