Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GPL breach
Hello everyone.

Who do I report a breach of the Goonstation GPL to? There is a game on Byond using SS13 code that is also making money off said code.

Many thanks - Ginseng
Explain a little bit more what "a game on Byond using SS13 code" is?
This should be a good thread.
Listing the details of the game, what code is being used and how they're making money would help.
I'd be happy to explain a bit more, but I think first, it's a good idea to acknowledge a breach of a legal binding process, as being quite serious, instead of expecting it to be amusing. But that's just my opinion.

The game in question is using the admin PM system, along with several complicated algorithms, to help it function, then claiming that it's all original code and their own, whilst simultaneously accepting money from the ~120 player base.   If that's not a breach, and highly amusing, then maybe I came to the wrong forum about the issue.

In case anyone was wondering, I have the code they are using, vs the Goonstation code, and it's an exact match.

I was hoping to message an admin privately about the issue, or someone involved with the legal proceedings, to help avoid the situation blowing up.
If you post about it to the Exploits section in bug reports only you and the admins will be able to see the thread.
wasnt the ss13 code leaked back when it was just barely more than an atmos sim anyways? I don't know that goonstation can even claim rights to code that they themselves have built upon without permission from the original license holder
exadv gave his permission a long time ago and has worked on quite a lot of goonstation stuff since