Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermite in a beaker/glass/mob/and that thingie nobody knows
Say Mr ankleidontgivafuk makes some thermite and says "Hey! Im a traitor/round start suicider, Im going to get a welder and ignite this in a nice controlled 1x1 blaze!" what Mr ankleidontgivafuk doesn't know, is that using a welder or any igniting tool on a beaker of thermite doesn't work!
Finding this out on his own turned him psychotic, he threw himself into space as he gasped YOLO.

For the future children of Mr ankleidontgivafuk: I suggest this be added. improvised thermite mines sound fun.
Couldn't you just use a timer/igniter, or add a certain chemical to it?
If you use a welder on something like Welding Fluid, it should do the same job. Just do it in very small quantities!
TheRedScare Wrote:Couldn't you just use a timer/igniter, or add a certain chemical to it?
Doesnt work.
Weavel Wrote:If you use a welder on something like Welding Fluid, it should do the same job. Just do it in very small quantities!
tried 5 units in a beaker, No difference from igniting an entire tank.
Really? Weird. Does it act like you hit the beaker?
TheRedScare Wrote:Really? Weird. Does it act like you hit the beaker?
Attaching a ignite/timer assembly to a beaker with thermite does nothing, I tested it again with welding fuel and it takes a few tries to heat it up before it bursts into flames. So you get no result on thermite.

Just for giggles i tried to ignite thermite smoke. Nothing happened but the thermite from the smoke does attach to the walls and lets you burn them down.

Next I want to try thermite smoke on walls then napalm to ignite it. If this works I got some good ideas for my next round as antag.

So far it seems thermite and the properties/functions of smoke clouds can be improved.
Napalm does ignite thermite on walls.
So it heats up but doesn't catch fire? Doesn't the thermite code use the if object type weldingtool shit to determine if it ignites the thermite? If so then it wouldn't affect beakers since they lack it.
TheRedScare Wrote:So it heats up but doesn't catch fire? Doesn't the thermite code use the if object type weldingtool shit to determine if it ignites the thermite? If so then it wouldn't affect beakers since they lack it.
But if you use welding fuel in beakers it works fine, Thermite just doesn't ignite in beakers and glass. Thats the problem here.
I think its missing a proc is all.