Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Going Medieval in the forge
Quick notes:
(1)this Suggestion is for New Items and not Making items with an oversized hammer staff assistants will run off with.
(2)Its going to be divided into three categorys.
(3)parts in colors other then white were suggested by others and eddited in.

Weapons
-Swords: cause decent bleed, Don't do much Stamina damage, Do Low - moderate brute at best. LARGER THEN BACKPACK
-Maces: Cause no Bleed, Do Average Stamina Damage, Brute Decided based off head Density/hardness.
-Warhammers: Cause no Bleed, Do LOTS of Stamina Damage, Brute "Low" point is 20, and decided as above, Slows you Severely and can take a Normal, undrugged user from full Stamina to None in 2 swings. LARGER THEN BACKPACK
-Axes: Cause Slight Bleed, Do Average Stamina Damage, do Moderate brute, Badly slows user.
-Shield: Cause no bleed, Does Average Stamina Damage, Does none to low Brute. *Much grater Chance to Block attacks against the user then Disarm intent. *Comes in Two Sizes, "Small" (fits in backpacks, Lower Chance) and "Large" (Does not, Higher chance) Both can be worn on the back.
-Knife: Low damage, higher attack per second. Fits in pockets.
-Hammer: High damage, low attack per second. Fits in backpack, worse than Warhammer.

Armor
-Helms: Generally made of metal, High addition to Brute def, Low Cold Res, Low Heat Res, Hides your face.
-Breastplate: Generally made of metal, High addition to Brute def, Low Cold Res, Low Heat Res, Slows Wearer greater or Equal to an Emergency suit.
-Gauntlets: Generally made of metal, Average - High addition to Brute def, Low Cold Res, Low heat Res, Conductivity based off material.
-Boots: Generally made of metal, Average addition to Melee def, Low cold Res, Low heat Res
-Cap: Generally made of organics, Low - Medium Addition to Melee Def, Low to Average Cold resistance, Average heat Res.
-Robe: Generally made of organics, Low - Medium Addition to Melee Def, Average to High Cold resistance, Average - High Heat Res.

Parts & other Stuff
-Hilt: the Bottem of a Sword, So you can Hold it without cutting off your hand.
-Blade: the rest of the sword, The Cutty bit, can be made from metal or Crystal(glass, gems...)
-Handle: the Bottom part of Axes and maces, So you can Swing 'em
-Head(Mace): the bit ya hit with, Heavyer is better, can be made of Metal or Crystal.
-Head(Axe): the bit ya hit with, Super effective against trees, Made of metal.
-Handle(Warhammer): Thicker, Requires more metal.
-comedically oversized Hammer head: Requires quite a bit of metal, used for Warhammers.
-sheath: Goes in belt spot, used to store A sword.
Under weapons:
Knife: Low damage, higher attack per second. Fits in pockets.
Hammer: High damage, low attack per second. Fits in backpack, worse than Warhammer.

Give the "attack per second" part of the tooltips a use!
We have spears and bows so why not, though it feels weird to me people using these kinds of weapons on a space station.

Then again, Klingons had their bat'leth
Crossbows: Fire arrows as accurately as a fully charged bow, but must be manually loaded beforehand and you have to stand still for a few seconds to do it. can be dual wielded. Fit in belt slot but not backpacks. Require more materials than bows.

Chainmail: Stab/bleed defense based on tensile strength.

Scale armor: Bullet/projectile defense based on compressive strength. Laser defense based on reflectivity.

(04-14-2017, 08:14 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: We have spears and bows so why not, though it feels weird to me people using these kinds of weapons on a space station.

Then again, Klingons had their bat'leth

Depends if whoever makes the sprites goes for the classic medieval look or a more modern/futuristic or indutrial design. For example the hammers could be literal hammers, warhammers could be sledgehammers. Knives could be combat knives, shields could be riot shields, maces: police batons, Axes: hatchets, Swords: machetes etc.
I support this 100%
I'd like a halberd as a more advanced spear, personally
Also I sure wouldn't mind being able to tote around a sledgehammer
Neeeeeeeerds.

I'm more for makeshift weapons and armor, when it comes to crafting. I was never really a fan of the bow and arrow or spear. Of course I'm saying this before somebody posts an awesome looking armor sprite and I cave in like a dieting fat kid in a dunkin' donuts.
Aye, how about using different attack patterns, similar to the new mining tools, since spears already attack a few tiles ahead
Made some sprites that are not completely usable, just concepts using existing sprites including a fully sprited helmet and breastplate. They are greyscaled so they can be used in the material color system.

Creating the particular types of sprites needed for this idea is really time consuming because you need to make each direction and in each hand, so godspeed to whoever decides to pick this up more.

[Image: l8SoTQp.png]

Attached Files
.dmi   Medieval1.dmi (Size: 1.52 KB / Downloads: 257)