Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cash for recycling

1. Pick up trash
  2. Put it in a disposal
  3. Flush it
  4. Earn small amounts of credits for each trash item flushed

The credits could be deposited to the account tied to the ID worn by who flushed it, or just dumped out on the floor nearby.

Basically, it's just a way for broke people and clowns to earn a little cash for vending machines or to invest in gambling, while also providing an incentive to keep the station clean
(04-10-2017, 03:48 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Basically, it's just a way for broke people and clowns to earn a little cash for vending machines or to invest in gambling, while also providing an incentive to keep the station clean

*grabs trash cart*
*loads everything into it*
*literally everything*
*dumps*
*becomes a billionaire*
How much are people worth? I bet I'd go into the red if I flushed the clown.
(04-10-2017, 04:37 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: How much are people worth? I bet I'd go into the red if I flushed the clown.

Well, you only get paid for disposing trash, so nothing for people and 20 credits for the clown
Hear me out on this. What if you're able to sell the scrap from the crusher at QM?
I'm thinking like, 5 credits per pile or something. Nothing ridiculous, but enough to get a bit of money.
(04-10-2017, 06:35 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: Hear me out on this. What if you're able to sell the scrap from the crusher at QM?
I'm thinking like, 5 credits per pile or something. Nothing ridiculous, but enough to get a bit of money.

You can sell it to the trader on the salvage ship but it's kinda pointless seeing as you have to sell it indiviually and it's like 5 credits, if the merchants on the debris field could show up as cargo traders it would make more sense to sell it that way.
(04-11-2017, 11:04 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 06:35 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: Hear me out on this. What if you're able to sell the scrap from the crusher at QM?

You can sell it to the trader on the salvage ship but it's kinda pointless seeing as you have to sell it indiviually and it's like 5 credits, if the merchants on the debris field could show up as cargo traders it would make more sense to sell it that way.

That's another round about way of doing the same thing I'm saying, so I'm fine with that as long as it's super duper easy as hitting a button on a chute

Like, there should be a thing right next to where the scrap dumps where you sell it, so there is no waiting around for a merchant or hauling it to another location.

I personally prefer my idea because it's more immediate, doesn't require being in a particular place, and the payouts would be about the same (1-10 credits depending on the item)

Quote:*grabs trash cart*
*loads everything into it*
*literally everything*
*dumps*
*becomes a billionaire*

This wouldn't really shouldn't occur, since the payout would be very small per item. Most things could probably be sold through QM for more than you'd get this way.
If you are worried about it you could whitelist it so only certain items are considered trash (cans and bottles, food, shards of glass) but like I said, the effort to throw everything you can think of down a chute probably wouldn't be worth it
(04-11-2017, 11:14 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: If you are worried about it you could whitelist it so only certain items are considered trash (cans and bottles, food, shards of glass) but like I said, the effort to throw everything you can think of down a chute probably wouldn't be worth it

I think it'd be pretty funny for everyone to scramble to throw stuff away to make money.
this sounds like a nice feature for janitor :3 aka THE BEST JOB OF THE STATION
Hello, I am Bill Meiers and I support this idea.
How about letting the kitchenware recycler spit out credits at the expense of dissapearing the loaded glass
E: and also putting a few more of these recyclers around
Can I recycle Cash Clewett for money?