Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The winter coat nerf that did not only nerf winter coats.
Some time ago the winter coats were nerfed so they would not be a space suit without slowdown and i think the nerf was ok it had a reason that i can understand.

BUT it did not only touch winter coats here is a list of things it also nerfed

Fire suit heavy and normal.
it reduced the cold resist.

Space suits.
the heat resistance was nerfed.

That special suit that you get from lava moon cant remember the name right now.
cold resistance was nerfed it is no longer a space worthy suit.

I can understand the fire suit being nerfed but why the space suit as a person who plays CE a lot i think that it makes making a hellburn and  being safe in it much more harder if you actually want to get full protection you need to get the nassa suit and i dont like doing it.

Things that were not touched.

That suit from mars.

yeah i think no one remembers them so even the coders forgot about them but you can get 100% heat and cold resist with it.

What should be done?

atleast remove the nerf the engineering space suit got yeah i dont care about the other ones because you have a better way of getting a space suit.
i also want to know why was the other space suits nerfed yeah?
to put this in perspective....could someone clarify how much heat / cold resist is needed to prevent damage?

Ive had multiple mentors give different answers. for example with cold resist... Some saying I need 100% others saying 80ish prevents damage but will still let me get cold and walk slower (and maybe ill take damage if cold enough...?)
The key is generally to have two items flagged spacewear. That acts the same as having 100 resist, I think. There might also be something about 'coverage', but I can't remember.
You left out the one that hurt me the most: paramedic suit+bio hood. Considering only two parasuits ever spawn on the station I think it was balanced to have them be spaceworthy in combination with a hood.
i believe 100% cold resist stops you taking space damage and stops cold slows, anything lower just reduces the slow and cold and shit from breaches and being in a vented area.

I'm pretty sure the nassa suit is still 100% cold resist, which is kind of bull at this point given every single other space suit needs to be multiple items, and most of those are outer items, and most of those slow you. There is only one nassa suit but still.

For the engineering problem, maybe make the EVA suits spawn in the tool storages and stuff where the engineering suits currently spawn, so only engineering gets engineering suits, and make the engineering suits more heat resistant, but the rest of the space suits less so
(04-13-2017, 03:48 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: There is only one nassa suit but still.

Actually there's at least two

Maybe even more but I haven't found any others yet
(04-13-2017, 04:37 PM)Sov Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 03:48 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: There is only one nassa suit but still.

Actually there's at least two

Maybe even more but I haven't found any others yet

oh yeah i remember hearing about that but never found out where it is.

anyway this just makes the nassa suit worse
NASSA suit fix: add a "NASSA space helmet" that, following the nassa suit going in the jumpsuit slot, goes in your internals slot and leaves your head free.
(04-13-2017, 07:38 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: NASSA suit fix: add a "NASSA space helmet" that, following the nassa suit going in the jumpsuit slot, goes in your internals slot and leaves your head free.

only if it does not act as a gas mask, but just as a breath mask
You dont take damage unless you're both standing on a space tile and cold. By utilising sophisticated temperature stabilizing chemicals (drinking happy elf hot chocolate) I was able to avoid damage in space without full cold resistance.  The amount of damage doesn't seem to be affected, only whether you take it or not.

The NASSA suit is only 100% if you wear a gas mask or space helmet with it, otherwise it's 50%; all space suits seem to work this way.
i think other items should be buffed. i want to be able to craft a hobo spacesuit out of everyday clothes.

or make them so they can be made to become spaceworthy
You should be able to coat your clothes in something to increase temperature resistance. Partial cold resistance is actually really bad and pretty useless

That or just get teporone infused clothing
by the way there's actually three nassa suits
Two in the debris field(Though I only know the location of one) and one inside the solarium.
(04-14-2017, 01:08 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: The NASSA suit is only 100% if you wear a gas mask or space helmet with it, otherwise it's 50%; all space suits seem to work this way.
Code:
/mob/living/carbon/human/protected_from_space()
    var/space_suit = 0
    if (wear_suit && (wear_suit.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
        space_suit++
    if (w_uniform && (w_uniform.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
        space_suit++
    if (head && (head.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
        space_suit++
    //if (wear_mask && (wear_mask.c_flags & SPACEWEAR))
        //space_suit++

if (space_suit >= 2)
        return 1
    else
return 0

Code:
    proc/get_cold_protection()
        // calculate 0-100% insulation from cold environments
        if (!src)
            return 0

// Sealed space suit? If so, consider it to be full protection
        if (src.protected_from_space())
            return 100

var/thermal_protection = 10 // base value

// Resistance from Bio Effects
        if (src.bioHolder)
            if (src.bioHolder.HasEffect("fat"))
                thermal_protection += 10
            if (src.bioHolder.HasEffect("dwarf"))
                thermal_protection += 10

// Resistance from Clothing
        for (var/obj/item/clothing/C in src.get_equipped_items())
            thermal_protection += C.cold_resistance

// Resistance from covered body parts
        if (w_uniform && (w_uniform.body_parts_covered & TORSO))
            thermal_protection += 10

if (wear_suit)
            if (wear_suit.body_parts_covered & TORSO)
                thermal_protection += 10
            if (wear_suit.body_parts_covered & LEGS)
                thermal_protection += 10
            if (wear_suit.body_parts_covered & ARMS)
                thermal_protection += 10

thermal_protection = max(0,min(thermal_protection,100))
return thermal_protection
Yeah, two spacewear flags act as 100 resistance.