Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Stamina the "Do things better" button
So, the whole drag speed debacle got me thinking about this.

Right now, you hold shift and you run faster. Potentially, you could drag things at normal speed with a proposed patch regarding drag speeds.

How about if holding down shift, you burn stamina while performing every action better than normal?

Hit harder, craft faster, perform surgery with less error, move faster, pull things quicker, recover from stuns faster. It's an all in one "do shit better" functionality.

EDIT: Scream louder, fart stinkier, flip flippier etc.
(04-12-2017, 10:31 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: So, the whole drag speed debacle got me thinking about this.

Right now, you hold shift and you run faster. Potentially, you could drag things at normal speed with a proposed patch regarding drag speeds.

How about if holding down shift, you burn stamina while performing every action better than normal?

Hit harder, craft faster, perform surgery with less error, move faster, pull things quicker, recover from stuns faster. It's an all in one "do shit better" functionality.

This is sorta like the buttes-wire patch where when dragging big things like lockers you go fast but it drains your stamina and once it runs out you get hit with the slowdown.
Yes, correct. It was thinking about that very specific thing that I thought, "Why not just apply that to everything?"
stamina use should make you scream louder.
(04-12-2017, 11:36 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: stamina use should make you scream louder.

reminds me of when it was first added in farting drained your stamina
I like this suggestion because it would let you scream until you pass out
Put in a looping scream that plays as long as you shift scream, and you take oxy damage, hearing loss, and pass out when you scream too much. Also using it too much blows out your voice.

But like why shouldn't I just keep shift held down for all my actions? Chances are I'll have regenerated my stamina in between improvable actions.
I like the idea of some cooldowns being bypassed through stamina.

Ctrl+Shift+F till you pass out. The true terror of stamina-boosts raises it's head! A bit sad that you couldn't make it just one super long'n. Same with screams.
(04-13-2017, 05:57 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Put in a looping scream that plays as long as you shift scream, and you take oxy damage, hearing loss, and pass out when you scream too much. Also using it too much blows out your voice.

But like why shouldn't I just keep shift held down for all my actions? Chances are I'll have regenerated my stamina in between improvable actions.

Please, god. I want to harmonize my screams with the other crewmembers.

Anyway, I support this idea. Stamina being the 'cool shit' button is a fun idea and makes stamina more important than just running and avoiding knockouts.
(04-13-2017, 05:57 PM)Superlagg Wrote: But like why shouldn't I just keep shift held down for all my actions? Chances are I'll have regenerated my stamina in between improvable actions.

If the stamina cost per action is significant enough that won't be a problem. A delay before stamina starts regenerating after using it would combat spamming low-cost abilities.