Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Criminals can remove handcuffs while inside the portabrig
This issue has been brought up many times, but it never got it's own thread as far as I know. 
This is one of the the main reasons the portabrig is so difficult to use, as unless you rush to security ASAP after sending it back whoever you stuffed in there will be ready to jump you.
The simplest fix(Though I know nothing about programming so it could be more complicated) would to keep whoever is inside the portabrig permastunned as long as they are inside. This has the bonus of meaning they are stunned for a second after you remove them, meaning they can't run off right after you remove them.

How to reproduce: handcuff criminal scum, shove criminal inside portabrig, wait the 40-60 seconds it takes for criminals to remove handcuffs, eject criminal from portabrig.
The defense I've seen given to why this is still a thing is that the arrested player needs a chance to escape or to capitalize on a Security Officer's mistake. Which I don't have a counter argument for. I don't like it but it seem fair enough to me.
sounds like a feature to me
Idea: keep existing functionality but port-a-brigs stun the contained nerd upon ejection.
How about a button to remotely eject the occupant?

This could actually speed things up considerably. Often I'll reset the home turf of the port-a-brig to be within the cell itself. If I could remotely eject people, I could send one person to the brig, remotely eject them there, recall it and place another person inside to do the same.
(04-13-2017, 09:19 AM)Wire Wrote: Idea: keep existing functionality but port-a-brigs stun the contained nerd upon ejection.

funnily enough I thought this was already how it worked
They might already I dunno I posted that idea from work and I can't check existing functionality.
Having it be unsafe to remove people if you wait too long incentivizes officers to remove them from the port-a-brig in a timely manner. I think this is a blessing in disguise
(04-13-2017, 09:19 AM)Wire Wrote: Idea: keep existing functionality but port-a-brigs stun the contained nerd upon ejection.

This would be fantastic, and make using the port-a-brig much safer for sec offs. Alternatively/in addition, the port-a-brig PDA should have a button to auto-eject the occupant.
(04-13-2017, 10:29 AM)Sov Wrote:

funnily enough I thought this was already how it worked

Yeah, I always thought the port-a-brig used to knock you out, then you'd wake up a bit after you were ejected. It has since been changed, but that little stun after would probably be cool.
A smart security officer would just have a portable flasher set up right next to the portabrig and made sure they dont have sunglasses. If not I say the darn criminal deserves to have a shot at escaping. Feature.
(04-13-2017, 07:47 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: A smart security officer would just have a portable flasher set up right next to the portabrig and made sure they dont have sunglasses. If not I say the darn criminal deserves to have a shot at escaping. Feature.

Or Beepsky with the person set to arrest still. I think there should still be some chance to escape which is why I'm more for remote ejection rather than stunning
What if it's just a slight stun, similar to climbing into a disposal chute and being ejected?
I applied a stun (same stun as the disposal chute ejection) on port-a-brig ejection. We'll see how that goes and if it's enough.