Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Vending Machines
I'm pretty sure someone suggested this before at some point but I'm gonna suggest it anyway.

Basically, the idea is that it's a custom-made vending machine that you can assemble (Not sure on the ingredients, though) that is ID locked to whoever swipes their card on it after it's finished. Once the ID card is swiped onto it and the machine is unlocked, they can put basically anything they can hold in-hand into the vending machine, as well as set and adjust the prices for each separate product put in, and then lock it. They can also set the name of the vending machine either through the unlocked interface, or by using a pen on it. If you swipe the vending machine with any other ID while it's locked, it will act like a normal vendor. It also accepts ordinary space cash. Any cash spent on anything in the vendor will be sent to the owner's bank account.

You might also be able to change the vending machine's appearance using a paint can, though that might need custom sprites if we want any designs beyond the vending machine designs we already have.

What do you guys think?
As long as I can fill it with meth and other drugs/genetic mutations.
It needs to be suggested every once in a while. Pretty much everybody wants one. I'd go for a bare-bones one at this point. Heck, a mechcomp that holds multiple items and spits them out one at a time would be a good start.
(04-12-2017, 06:36 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: It needs to be suggested every once in a while. Pretty much everybody wants one. I'd go for a bare-bones one at this point. Heck, a mechcomp that holds multiple items and spits them out one at a time would be a good start.

You could probably make a mechanics component that does this pretty easily just by using an array.

I might even try my hand at making a patch.
I'd appreciate you working on a patch for this, Noah. I've seen this suggested like three times before.
That'd be amazing. The only luxury I'd ask for would be some kind of password protection, but I'd gladly take something that just dispenses on any input.
i want a people vending machine

you can beat someones ass and put them in the vending machine
(04-12-2017, 06:58 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: That'd be amazing. The only luxury I'd ask for would be some kind of password protection, but I'd gladly take something that just dispenses on any input.

It shouldn't be too hard, but considering that we're talking about byond, I'll probably be surprised.