Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Is the summon securitron PDA application working as intended?
I've had real trouble with this both as an AI and a Sec Officer

More often then not, it seems the Bot I summon can't find me, or it gets sidetracked and keeps going back to it routine rather than arriving to where I am. 

I find this strange, as Beepsky never seems to have trouble tracking me down halfway across the station because they want to arrest me for reading their diary

More often then not, if I really do want backup from one, I resort to turning off it's patrol and dragging them behind me or positioning them in strategic spots
Yeah it's never worked for me either. I used to try and get beepsky summoned when I thought I might need backup with the thought "He may show up after I press the button when I need him most" and he never shows up.
I think it just navigates beepsky to the nearest nav beacon instead of to your precise location.

Pretty useless in my opinion.
Weird. How do the crisis alert things work? It seems to know where you are when you use those?

Maybe the using the summon command could send a packet to the securitron that contains your coordinates, with a priority that they need to head there before doing anything else

This would also let crafty hackers redirect the bots, which would be neat
(04-12-2017, 05:42 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Weird. How do the crisis alert things work? It seems to know where you are when you use those?

Maybe the using the summon command could send a packet to the securitron that contains your coordinates, with a priority that they need to head there before doing anything else

This would also let crafty hackers redirect the bots, which would be neat

this seems like a great idea, since there's technically already a packet for this but it's useless because the "target" value is always "the floor" because of how atoms work or something  For Science! . switching it to coords seems like it would work
I was an AI shell once, tried it, and it worked. I was on the Destiny in Robotics.
(04-13-2017, 07:12 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I was an AI shell once, tried it, and it worked. I was on the Destiny in Robotics.
I wonder if you had better success with it since it was from a shell and not while doing stuff from cameras. I was always under the impression that summoning a bot would bring it to where the camera was
?
I was messing around with this in game, and it seems like the bots will come when summoned on a sec PDA, except it works like this...

1. Bot is summoned
  2. Bot moves between 1 to 3 tiles
  3. Bot pauses for about 3 seconds
  4. Repeat 2 and 3
  5. Get to destination
Is that the intention? If so, can I ask that the bot makes a beeline for the destination, without pausing between movements?

I also noticed that it seems to go after people it sees that on set to arrest while traveling to a summons. Personally, I'd prefer if it prioritized a summons over chasing after an arrest since, ya know, if I summoned it I want it there ASAP though I can see an argument for the other way around. Maybe a way edit a security bots behavior prioritizes would be nice.

As a bonus observed bug when testing, a bot won't give up the chase once it's started chasing someone if you set them off arrest. Had to turn them off and back on for them to give up.

Testing with the AI, the bot seemed to completely ignore summons demands both while at my core, through cameras, and through shells. Didn't test it with borgs