Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping supplies for us maintenance dwellers.
I want to cook a rat meat stew in the flaming barrels and make a fort from all the bedsheets I see lying around.
Don't tell me you've never had this impulse.

Imagine if you will, that half the station's been blown to hell with a canbomb, and you have to wait for someone to find you because everyplace else is depressurized. What's a spaceman to do except make a camp in an unexploded section of the ship and sing campfire songs? Make a stewpot and throw whatever vaguely edible substances you have, huddle around a heat source, and reminisce about the times that the station wasn't exploded.

I propose the following items:

Wood Campfires - For sheer silliness.
Emergency Space Rations - When you want to eat something even less edible than Discount Dans.
Plasma Camping Stoves - For when you really need to eat something to get your health back.
I have now.
I think the idea of hobo-ing around the station is good and will try it.

Most of the items you suggest already have functional equivalents.
There are space heaters for warmth, microwaves and welding tools for heating food, a full-fledged plasma-fueled 'experimental generator' for keeping the lights on in blacked-out parts of the station and the recipe list on the wiki is diverse, long and not actually complete afaik. Do update it with whatever horrid consumables you manage to cook up in the kitchen bathtube.
You can craft many forms of improvized clothing, like capes, or find a fabricator and make proper full-fledged uniforms and space-walking gear. And tools. And weapons. And traps for hunting.
Steel rod+blanket=bindle stick
(04-12-2017, 09:18 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Steel rod+blanket=bindle stick

I never knew how badly I wanted this.
What's camping without a good ol' can of surströmming? Even better with chocolate and marshmallows! Nothin' beats the taste of a hot smmöre, I tell yu wut.
Okay, picture this: station's out of power, no one can find the damn powersink and all the lights are out, when you go to the bar you find the chef and the barman sitting around a campfire, making cockroach soup and singing spacemen songs.
Yes please.