Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Ore Smelting with the reclaimer is broken
If you make a stack of ores by click dragging, then put it in a Reclaimer, it will only output one bar of that ore
That bar will contain the value of all the ores it was made of, chuck it in a fab. This bug has been reported like 30 times now
(04-09-2017, 07:46 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: That bar will contain the value of all the ores it was made of, chuck it in a fab. This bug has been reported like 30 times now

Nope, i just tried it and the fab counts it as 1 bar
This is due to changes in the materials system. The portable reclaimer is currently being phased out, use the new material processor instead. Since, as far as i'm aware, it's only around for legacy stuff at the moment and will probably be removed entirely soon, i doubt this will be fixed.
(04-12-2017, 03:13 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: This is due to changes in the materials system. The portable reclaimer is currently being phased out, use the new material processor instead. Since, as far as i'm aware, it's only around for legacy stuff at the moment and will probably be removed entirely soon, i doubt this will be fixed.

I thought it was the other way around, and the processor was just a stop gap measure.
Why can't they just... you know, make portable reclaimers just portable material processors? Why do they have to be different?
(04-12-2017, 03:24 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 03:13 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: This is due to changes in the materials system. The portable reclaimer is currently being phased out, use the new material processor instead. Since, as far as i'm aware, it's only around for legacy stuff at the moment and will probably be removed entirely soon, i doubt this will be fixed.

I thought it was the other way around, and the processor was just a stop gap measure.

It's both. Reclaimers will likely get removed/replaced/updated when the processor does.
(04-12-2017, 04:43 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 03:24 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

It's both. Reclaimers will likely get removed/replaced/updated when the processor does.
I found the quote I was looking for:

(04-04-2017, 03:50 AM)Keelin Wrote: The chunks and non 1:1 ratio stuff is very unlikely to happen.
It opens up a whole new can of worms and problems. Not to mention exploits.

As for the processor, that will go away eventually as it was meant as a temporary bridge between the new materials and the old ore stuff.

Other than that there's some interesting ideas in here!
Edit: Ignore this, I'm a big dumb idiot that can't see the Mining Reclaimer outside mining.