Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lack of Admins
(04-12-2017, 09:51 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 10:46 AM)Roomba Wrote: metaironysarcasm quoting

metaironysarcasm quoting

Some of the time that's possible, Ed. In my situation, I was able to gain the upper hand but it was largely with the help of fellow crew members. When I say 'no in-game repercussions,' I'm referring to admin intervention: shame cube, finger waggling, etc.
I was responding to Roomba's post.

Your side is understandable but what I was referring to was people who do even try and I see alot of them these days as they like to constantly whine that the combat is too hard for them to do anything and I firmly believe they are not putting in any effort. Having other crew members help you in a battle is for sure one of the best ways to win and I'll promote teamwork any day.

(04-12-2017, 01:32 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: * who don't even try *
Oh dear what a tangent
i think something that would increase user confidence would be to have it so it displays something like your ahelp has been looked at
(04-13-2017, 03:13 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think something that would increase user confidence would be to have it so it displays something like your ahelp has been looked at

Love this idea 100%
"help i am be griffe"

seen: 12:04am
We should ALWAYS send a message to a reporter when the ahelp is looked at - that's just what is expected from the admin team.
(04-13-2017, 05:34 AM)Hephasto Wrote: "help i am be griffe"

seen: 12:04am

better than

"help i am be griffe"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA
A related issue, which again is unfortunate and can't be helped, is a lack of coder activity as of late. I showed up around 2015 and there seemed to be a lot more new things being added and new content being made than there is now. Definitely feels like everything's just sort of gummed up lately, and I've ended up spending more time on other servers because of it.
I feel like that's a natural result of being a volunteer based project. There's going to be an ebb and flow to how often coders add content.
The best solution is for people to join #imcoder and start learning how to make patches since becoming a coder requires a very high amount of time on the server and trust from the admin team