Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Dimensional shift is still broken.
There are no less than three threads in the resolved subforum for this bug, but it's come back. If you click the dimensional shift ability too quickly, or it lags, you can be stuck in a pocket dimension only admins seem to be able to remove you from. This can also happen if you lose the gene while in the pocket dimension, either from mutadone or because you got it from mutini.

The way it seems to work is you try and leave the dimension at the same time as you're entering it. So you're just sat there, and the ability takes its time to recharge and gives chat messages about you appearing in a flash of blue light when you use it but you're still there. It happened to me, it's happened to somebody else on RP1, and I recall it happening to Sydne/Throrvardr when I gave him a glass of mutini once (sorry!).
It's worth mentioning that you can interact with stuff that is around you while being stuck in pocket dimension. You can drag people into closets, open doors and even shoot a gun all while remaining pretty much invisible.

If you're dragged into a closet while in pocket dimension you'll be able to move around too.