Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Honk
Lightbulb 
Short version: Write letters in fuel and set them alight.

Longer version:

Okay, so this is my first post on the forum. I found you guys last night and played a short round as a janitor - getting brutally murdered in the bar I was trying to clean up. Second round I was a clown and got beaten a few times for harmless jokes by security. I also lost my ID in the process due to them. No idea of the person in question was an antagĀ or not, but I played it up as my character snapping and taking to the vents in a way to find a new identity and more diabolical (but not murdery) pranks to accomplish. I got a great idea in my mind to write the word HONK in fuel on the floor (or in oil) and find a way to set it alight with a zippo lighter.

I died via electrocution and subsequent murder by whatever the actual antagonist was, so I never did get a lighter or have time to try to enact my plan, but I'm told it wouldn't have worked given the current engine anyway.

I think the potential for someone to write a word in fuel or oil and set it alight would be absolutely amazing, particularly if said word was "HONK"

Make it happen.

Also: sorry for tip-toeing on self-antagonism there. It was my IC response to some fairly aggressive security treatment. Don't think my mayhem impacted anyone's game, either positively or negatively, as it wound up being a solitary effort to break into places to gain more access on my quest for an identity.
If you're finding LLJK2 to be too aggressive, chaotic, and murderboney, try out LLJK1. There's still a chance you'll get horribly murdered, but usually it'll be an interesting death, and the majority of players are (mostly) friendly and enjoy RP.
(04-05-2017, 04:28 PM)aft2001 Wrote: If you're finding LLJK2 to be too aggressive, chaotic, and murderboney, try out LLJK1. There's still a chance you'll get horribly murdered, but usually it'll be an interesting death, and the majority of players are (mostly) friendly and enjoy RP.

Thanks! Too soon to tell on that front. I was impressed that I was borged and not murdered, so that's a big plus. I do think the image of a clown standing over burning HONK would be amazing, especially if the clown was an antagonist.
And, I do like the idea of welding fuel trails. Poke a hole in a fuel tank and drag it but have a 75% chance of having fuel sputter all over yourself and having a small chance of igniting, or have the harm intent with a gas can to pour it.
I would absolutely adore seeing burning letters. I have an idea!
Maybe pouring welding fuel on an existing crayon-scrawled letter will turn it into a fuel-letter (using the existing sprite/letter for a mold, since each letter is always the same shape), which can then be lit with any source of fire.

I DO however want gas can/welding fuel trails as well, because rudimentary fuses. Also, it means you could make a wall of fire around the wrestling ring/bar/escape/oxygen tanks.
Magnesium crayon.

Because that makes sense (lol).

Who cares; fire.

Granted I'm not the one that's gonna make the flaming letter sprites.

e: great now I want detcord for some reason.
[Image: flamingtext.gif]
(04-05-2017, 06:46 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I DO however want gas can/welding fuel trails as well, because rudimentary fuses. Also, it means you could make a wall of fire around the wrestling ring/bar/escape/oxygen tanks.

I believe this is already a thing you can do just by making a trail of welding fuel on the floor