Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical Instant reaction smoke only ever affects one tile
The smoke effect made by mixing sugar, potassium, and phosphorous without stabilizer only applies the smoke to the tile on which the reaction takes place.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Find a watering can
  2. Add 30 units of carbon to the watering can
  3. Add 30 units each of potassium and phosphorous to the can
  4. Add 30 units of sugar to the can
  5. Observe that dirt only appears on the initial tile of the reaction
  6. Try the same steps again, but use stabilized smoke powder instead of instant-acting yeast
  7. Observe that the stabilized smoke powder has a more appropriate distribution of dirt, although it does seem to fit the contours of the room rather than forming a square like it used to. This may be a separate bug or it might be a feature, I'm unsure.
Edit: stabilized smoke powder appears to be inconsistent as well, although the instant reaction is consistently broken.

I'm upgrading this to critical because those are the only two ways of generating smoke and they both appear to be entirely broken and/or mostly broken
ughh, did this break recently? this might be another unintentional side effect of some stuff i did

fitting the room instead of being a square is intentional but the regular reaction not working right may be my fault
(04-05-2017, 08:50 AM)magic mountain Wrote: ughh, did this break recently? this might be another unintentional side effect of some stuff i did

fitting the room instead of being a square is intentional but the regular reaction not working right may be my fault

It's a very recent break yeah.

I also updated the original post to reflect some inconsistency in the normal smokepowder reaction as well
potassium water chem smoke had a thing where it was making an absurd number of explosion reactions, it hard locked the server once. i thought i had fixed it. ill try to work on this soon, if i forget feel free to hassle me about it
i was a borg, made smoke and carbon, heated it in a reagent heater. it made the noise, then about 3 seconds later (probs lag for that) one tile of dirt appeared where I was standing, not where the heater or beaker were. i was a borg but idk. only one tile. 50 units of carbon, 30 units of smoke powder
Can confirm this doesn't work, I tried to synthflesh smoke medbay on LLJK1 and it only hit one tile.
Does not work. Can't pizzasmoke jerks anymore. HEEEELP
I can confirm that this still doesn't work. Earlier today I was trying out a way to smoke nitroglycerin, and while I did find a way to do that without it instantly blowing up, it only ever effected the tile where the beakers reacted. I used both kinds of smoke powder, the instant reaction and the heat-activated flavor.
Golem Smoke Seems to be not broken, to Clarify a few days ago I made some phos&Thermite golems, they cut Straight through the Floors and walls for a Decent Distance when they Died.
i tried smoking cheese and all i got was a single tile from the cloud of cheesesmoke that appeared
Smoke Reagent is broken and doesn't cover more then the square the initial reaction took place on regardless of reagent volume.

This stops me from smoking phlog and gunpowder and nuking the shuttle at centcomm.

DISCUSS!
(05-29-2017, 06:55 PM)Grifflez Wrote: Smoke Reagent is broken and doesn't cover more then the square the initial reaction took place on regardless of reagent volume.

This stops me from smoking phlog and gunpowder and nuking the shuttle at centcomm.

DISCUSS!

Instant reaction smoke, by any chance?
I'm pretty sure a report was already made about this
That's probably the 3rd or the 4th bug report about it.
I noticed this when trying to make cheese for tacos. The fire extinguisher still worked, though.