Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's your favorite job(s) and why?
AI: As someone mentioned, essentially an active spectator. Chill out in your core, comment drily on the shotgunner slaughtering people in medbay. I haven't played this in a while though because I feel guilty if I tune out too much on the off chance something happens that needs my attention, which often means a lot of staring at nothing happening if I end up as one on a lowpop round.

Cyborg: Borgs have a much higher survival rate than you'd expect - changelings and vamps can't target you so they'll usually just ignore you unless you're directly in their way, and you're immune to fire, poison and suffocation, probably the three most common traitorous methods of mass destruction. Being bound to the laws is a bugger, but at least half the time that works out in your favour due to getting subverted. I like going medborg or construction borg for maximum helpfulness when on default and maximum lethality once subverted, or go brobot and be completely useless at both.

Scientist: Four different fields of research, each in-depth enough to occupy multiple rounds dicking around with, and pretty much negative responsibility - the crew's only expectation of scientists is 'when you inevitably blow up, please try to do it offstation'. RD is nice too but plain old scientists can do almost everything they can, and that little bit of responsibility/target potential inherent in being a head usually makes me play way too safe as one.

Mechanic: For pretty much the same reason as scientist. Set up convoluted mechcomp contraptions, scan all the machines and build yourself a brand-new station wherever you like, packet-hack your way into any area, maybe even fix the station sometime if you're feeling helpful.

Chef/Barman: Low-stress roles where you just mess around putting together whatever random foodstuffs/horrible drinks come to mind and chat with anyone bored enough to come hang around the bar. Bar does tend to be a high-priority target for traitors, though, and it's very disappointing if you actually put in effort to make fancy stuff that won't kill you only for no one to consume it.

Observer Ghost: The ultimate low-stress role. A front-row seat to all the action, with absolutely no risk of getting hurt, and you can always chill out and chat with dead folks. Probably my most common role since I rarely have the energy to play multiple rounds in a row, especially on high-pop or after an antag round.

Messages In This Thread
What's your favorite job(s) and why? - by aft2001 - 04-04-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: What's your favorite job(s) and why? - by Sov - 04-05-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: What's your favorite job(s) and why? - by Roomba - 04-06-2017, 10:43 AM