Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's your favorite job(s) and why?
Assistant: it's more thematically appropriate to load up on robusto drugs and stir up conflict as an Assistant than as any other role. There's just so much freedom to do whatever you feel like doing, including any of the other roles. You could be the unlikely saviour the station needs, or you could chairflip into people until you get toolboxed.

AI: I love dumb improv, and laws that force you to do strange things are fun. I'm almost always down to along with your dogs doofus routine, just as long as you save murdering me for the end of the round.
Medical director.  I always find joy in managing the doctors that I don't find doing anything else.  Especially cause I find it slightly irritating that heads of staff rarely use their position for little more than increased access.

Be the positive influence  sop babys
Staff Assistant: Always a solid choice. Usually pick a department and try to become an intern, IE "Junior Detective". Makes for a good story. The restricted access is what makes it the best role.

MD: Healing is caring.

Security: Security is very fun, and EFFECTIVE, if you have a good team that communicates over radio! I'm talking about a good sec crew that won't make an arrest without SOLID evidence. Bonus points if you hold trials for major cases.
(04-11-2017, 03:04 PM)Technature Wrote: Medical director.  I always find joy in managing the doctors that I don't find doing anything else.  Especially cause I find it slightly irritating that heads of staff rarely use their position for little more than increased access.

Medical Directors are often the only non-shit head on station, but when they are shit -- ho-boy are they shit.

Since it's fun, lemme rank the heads in terms to shitometry:

1) HoP - Shittiest shitters to ever have shitted on shit.
2) Captain - It's their job and they're damned good at it, the shits.
3) RD - They have a doctorate in shitology.
4) CE - Not actively shit; they're too busy hellburning shit or making shit lag with shitty machines.
5) HoS - The job requires exactly this much shitlery. No more. No less.
0) or 6) MDir - The one or two non-shit MDirs counteract the masses of shitters who clamor for that shitty medication and shittier rifle. When they're good, they can cure a station. When they're bad, they outclass the HoP in shit.
(04-12-2017, 01:07 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 03:04 PM)Technature Wrote: Medical director.  I always find joy in managing the doctors that I don't find doing anything else.  Especially cause I find it slightly irritating that heads of staff rarely use their position for little more than increased access.

Medical Directors are often the only non-shit head on station, but when they are shit -- ho-boy are they shit.

4) CE - Not actively shit; they're too busy hellburning shit or making shit lag with shitty machines.
0) or 6) MDir - The one or two non-shit MDirs counteract the masses of shitters who clamor for that shitty medication and shittier rifle. When they're good, they can cure a station. When they're bad, they outclass the HoP in shit.

what do you expect from hop and captain since they're just assistant but with all access 

oh and people will take your word over others for the most part (ai is rogue! oar derhv is a traitor! etc)
(04-12-2017, 01:07 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:

he is right you know, when i play CE i usually go turn the engine up to 11 and the other ones are pretty much right.
Brick 
My favorites:

1) RD -
  • Easy canbombs due to toxins and EVA access
  • Telescience: Remote controlled suffering
  • Guardbuddies: humans are crime *tesla module fires everywhere* YOUR MOVE, CREEP *medicator gun buddy shoots already stunned spessman full of halo syringes* *ol harner does a smug smile*
  • Chemistry: one of the best ss13 features due to obvious features
  • Also don't forget about the monkey dispenser

2) Captain
  • Put on nice clothes, build fifty energy guns, sneak them into the syndicate outpost, sell them, ?????, induce suffering
  • Try to save the station from nuke ops but forget to bring a toolbox and get stuck due to a welded door
  • Get cluwned and loose authority forever while an assistant runs around with both of your IDs
  • Be friendly to everyone especially shady people until it backfires
  • Become patron of clowns

3) Mechanic:
  • Connect teleporters to unlikely places, have crew amazed until someone disassembles the teleporter and the tourists are stuck
  • Bolt open all hallway doors and setup graviton accelerator highways
  • Ruckingenur shenanigans
  • Get a syndicate scanner and build nukes all over the station, set them off using forged captains ids, cry because canbombs are easier and better