Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's your favorite job(s) and why?
Read the subject

Mine would have to either be janitor, since I enjoy cleaning messes ingame, or MD, as I enjoy doing professional medicine and doing everything nice and clean. Or HoP, since I have an excuse to make a shit ton of forms and paperwork.
Security Guard:
I like to be punishing and blunt, while keeping the station crime free.

Mechanic:
I'm busy learning the Ins n' Outs of packets and the different computer languages.

MD/Doctor:I like being the "TF2" style doctor, what with my blood stained gloves and inane methods of surgery.
I know some people will think i'm a masochist but I like playing as the AI, there's always something to do and as long as people aren't massive shitholes the entire round it's usually pretty fun and who doesn't get a slight satisfaction of being the person who in a lot of situations gets to decide the life or death of the crew.

Other than that RD/Scientist: Because maxcap canbombs are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Captain, Clown, or Mechanic
Captain: Because who doesn't Like having first pick of Everything on the station without any duties?
Clown: Because I Like Fucking with people, Eg Changing my ID while the HOP isn't looking then Making the AI Rude, Pieing people Randomly, Slipping up Traitors and using their mindslaves on them.
Mechanic: Because I Enjoy building industrial sized Loafing devices.
Security because it's one of the more social roles. People will be glad to help you out because they know you'll have their back later for it, and likewise people will come to you for help.

It's also one of the roles where you are almost guaranteed to see some action during the course of a round
RD because toxins and telesci, HoP because I can fuck around and do whatever after the inevitable 2 ID changes per round.
AI definetely. its so unique compared to the other roles, has such a fun concept, and big responsibility. That feeling when you shove someone into an electrified door with a shell and stab them to death with a screwdriver is incredible. Or when you lock down a guy with a c saber and laugh at his dumb attempts to subvert you later.

Only bad thing about AI is that no one understands why you do what you do, even if its for the crew.

e: camera is a little bad actually yeah. a /tg/ style ai camera thing would be neato but different
I've always kinda considered AI to be a bit like active spectating. Used to play it more often but I've gotten really tired of struggling with the camera and have given it up
Chef! It's one of the most robust traitor roles, in my opinion. Great traitor tools, and easy access to chemistry. Couple chemistry with some special catering tools, and you have a recipe for chaos! Plus you can murder the bartender for an easy shotgun!

Also, easily the best work uniform.
Security Officer/Head of Security: I just like stopping Antags and saving crew members from death and rooting out any Shit security in the process. I always love using the Tools Officers get to collect clues and slowly corner a Antag.

Clown: Sometimes I like pulling pranks and annoying the crew. This tends to lead me to the wrong places at the right times

Head of Personnel: There are times I want to play this game but don't really want to do anything but to wonder around the station and talk to people or explore space, HoP is perfect for doing just that.
Overall favorite: Staff Assistant - Restricted access, no goodies, and nobody cares about you. Basically an unchained beast on Goonstation.

Second Favorite: Botanist - Wanna chill? Botany is the place. Wanna piddle-around? Botany is basically piddle-around incarnate. Wanna turbonerd? Botany has access to a plethora chems and can do a lot of other nerd-tricks.

My favorites change a lot. I used to roll nothing but Mechanic or Engineer. Had some time as a Scientist for telsci, chem, and canbomb learning. Even spent a while rolling Chaplain, but that died because I hate never having maint access.
My favorite jobs are chef and clown.

Chef, because I love cooking and eating in RL too and I can surprise my fellow crewmates with some of my crazy food creations, like the fried-fried-fried-fried-fried pizza-pizza-pizza-pizza-pizza or the ominous deep fried clown mask/shoes.

Clown, because I love playing pranks without actually being an antagonist, like set armed mousetraps and banana peels at doors for people to step in, or convincing a scientist to make me some itching powder, just to fill it in balloons and throw them at people. Plus, as a traitor clown, I always try to impersonate The Joker and fail horribly and hilariously.  :cb:
AI, or AI-Lite (Cyborg) is probably my favourite overall, but the limitations of cyborgs makes messing with some parts of the game hard/impossible.

If I'm non-synthetic, I'm probably playing someone in medical (normally roboticist or MD, but medical doctor if it strikes my fancy) or if I'm feeling more casual then in catering (barman, chef, botanist). The former can make or break the station, the latter means if I'm non-robust it doesn't really matter.

The only roles I don't really like are research ones (it's hard to contribute to the benefit of the station/ship) and non-miner/mechanic engineering (there's only so much fun to be had in hellburning, mining can be good but on #2 is rarely useful, and on #1 you lose RP opportunity a bit).
Chaplain because it's effectively assistant+
Depending on how I feel I like to either do:

AI w/ Telescience: If I can get a borg chassis I can use the GPS in the mining module to figure out the telescience variables. I can teleport people or corpses to medical and cloning and obtain things like the necroscan. It can be especially fun to do this when rogue if you depressurize the teleport room and close the blast windows so no one can escape.

Chief Engineer: Setting up a good hellburn and PTL along with some teleporters is fun.

Staff Assistant: For when you hope to be a SA traitor and want to do the hellish/nofun Kudzu and Powersink combo.