Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let more of the "joke" jobs be available
What I mean by this is mime, waiter, lawyer, barber, mailman, etc. At least on LLJK1, anyways. Just adds more options for civilian stuff, the mime would be a nice mostly harmless addition and lead to interesting RP conflicts between the clown and mime, and the lawyer would genuinely be useful. Diplomat as well, for more RP opportunities.
i feel ice moon researcher would go well on rp server if it lost its headset but could find another one later
(04-03-2017, 06:05 AM)aft2001 Wrote: What I mean by this is mime, waiter, lawyer, barber, mailman, etc. At least on LLJK1, anyways. Just adds more options for civilian stuff, the mime would be a nice mostly harmless addition and lead to interesting RP conflicts between the clown and mime, and the lawyer would genuinely be useful. Diplomat as well, for more RP opportunities.

I want to be able to select those jobs before roundstart so I can be a traitor coach, or something. I like the idea of having them be more available and just have more of them.
(04-05-2017, 02:40 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: I want to be able to select those jobs before roundstart so I can be a traitor coach, or something. I like the idea of having them be more available and just have more of them.

There's still a chance to get latejoin antag with the gimmick roles. A few days ago I joined LLJK2 as a Regional Director and got latejoin traitor. I made a cloaked loafer trap outside of mechanics.
Why not make a random chance of joining as one of these gimmick roles instead of Assistant?
(04-06-2017, 10:22 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Why not make a random chance of joining as one of these gimmick roles instead of Assistant?

Good Idea
Well sometimes you want a certain job, like waiter, because you see the chef and barman jobs have been taken and you're like "ooh I can help make this a fully functional catering department!" but you don't want a chance to be a staff assistant or a barber. Maybe just have a separate job panel so it doesn't clog up the job list, or just keep it to the side.
(04-07-2017, 04:03 PM)aft2001 Wrote: a separate job pane

Expanding on this:
You can click on a setting on your character to enable gimmick jobs on joining.
When joining, you get a little pop-up that asks if you want a gimmick job or a normal job.
If you click gimmick job, a job select list of all the gimmick jobs, barring repeats like mayor and governor, pops up.
After that, you spawn in as the gimmick job!

You could also just add another tab or page onto the job select screen for the gimmick jobs. I'm just in favor of allowing all of the gimmick jobs to be chooseable.
Ooh I think I've suggested this before but having a random join button alongside the normal late join thing would be hella cool, gives you a random job instead. could also add antag possibilities, like late joining predator or wraith

e: actually late joining predator is a thing, right? well late joining wraith, blob, idk
(04-07-2017, 05:33 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 04:03 PM)aft2001 Wrote: a separate job pane

Expanding on this:
You can click on a setting on your character to enable gimmick jobs on joining.
When joining, you get a little pop-up that asks if you want a gimmick job or a normal job.
If you click gimmick job, a job select list of all the gimmick jobs, barring repeats like mayor and governor, pops up.
After that, you spawn in as the gimmick job!

You could also just add another tab or page onto the job select screen for the gimmick jobs. I'm just in favor of allowing all of the gimmick jobs to be chooseable.

i like this idea best