Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor transforming into someone who has mutations as a ling makes you unstable
it adds more genetic instability each time you transform into that person
This *might* be related to that bug where mutations cause you to grow more unstable each time you revive with the shield of souls.

If I remember correctly, this is due to the funky way that genetic potential is handled.
Genetic stability as a whole is a wonky feature that needs to be reworked.
(03-31-2017, 06:43 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Genetic stability as a whole is a wonky feature that needs to be reworked.

at the very least, mutadone needs to fix stability. afaik it only gets rid of mutations but if you are unstable you dont become stable again. more a problem with the old stability but its still annoying
I would say that the current stability is just as bad. Sure, you won't randomly gib anymore, but in the old system the negative effects woudn't occur until it started getting REALLY low, while in the current system you take one injector and suddenly every active-use mutation you use is backfiring.
It's been awhile since I've had unstable genes. Does it just backfire powers now? Before you slowly started to melt into a blob monster
(03-31-2017, 09:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It's been awhile since I've had unstable genes. Does it just backfire powers now? Before you slowly started to melt into a blob monster

yeah your mutations mess up more and more as you get worse. most mutations dont mean much when they backfire but some are instant death, like the matter manipulation or whatever one can turn you into a statue
Can confirm, using dimensional shift as a ling made me trapped in the floor and then melt into a blob monster. Well, more of a blob monster.