Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
emag ghostdrones and allow them to see/communicate with the crew
i think this would be neat™
oh god no this defeats the entire purpose of ghostdrones
Tbh, I kinda feel like we can relax the rules a bit on ghost drones. Like, they still shouldn't be able to talk or do things that overly effect the round, but maybe they should be able to be a bit more interactive with the crew? I dunno, I think​ players have in general been pretty responsible thus far
(03-30-2017, 08:06 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Tbh, I kinda feel like we can relax the rules a bit on ghost drones. Like, they still shouldn't be able to talk or do things that overly effect the round, but maybe they should be able to be a bit more interactive with the crew? I dunno, I think​ players have in general been pretty responsible thus far

If I've learned anything in Space Station 13 its that if you give people an inch they'll take a mile. I vote no on this idea.
nonononononononononono
them being unable to communicate or interact with the crew is the entire point
and this would lead to unrelenting shittery I guarantee it
The emag should also break their RCD.

While it would defeat the purpose of ghost drones and incentivize seeking out antags to let them go assday on the crew... I don't know how to finish this thought without resorting to abject bullshit.

I'm all for loosening restrictions on ghost drones a bit though. Allowing them to retrieve corpses might be less than a terrible idea, as if your body can be cloned or borged then the antag didn't do a good enough job taking you out of the round. Then again, that's total bullshit.
(03-30-2017, 07:45 PM)zewaka Wrote: oh god no this defeats the entire purpose of ghostdrones

Basically this.

The current ghost drone regulations make them work pretty okay, and people get to have fun as infinite-lives robots, them being able to be that WITHOUT the restrictions in place would very likely lead to awful things often.
(03-30-2017, 07:45 PM)zewaka Wrote: oh god no this defeats the entire purpose of ghostdrones

yeah and emagging cyborgs defeats the entire purpose of them too so what's the problem  Registry & DLL sitting in a tree
(03-30-2017, 09:02 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:

yeah and emagging cyborgs defeats the entire purpose of them too so what's the problem  Registry & DLL sitting in a tree

... that's not the purpose of cyborgs.

Ghostdrones are a "well, you died 2 minutes in, might as well give you something to do rather than sit around for 40 minutes". Emagged cyborgs are kill-able (and kill-switch-able). The problem is then over.