Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major One-click actions suddenly change to double-click
This may not seem like a major bug at first, but at random points (I still don't know the cause), suddenly certain things on the station require two clicks to preform. This includes actions where double-clicking is impossible, such as click-drag actions, which makes this a pretty game-breaking bug since you can no longer remove things from people or get into pods, among other important things that require click-dragging.

Doesn't help that this also throws people off and could also make any job that requires click-dragging to be a pain (read: Mining). So far the only fix is to reconnect, and even then it can still easily come back.

Can someone fix this?
Probably related to tooltips somehow.
This happened to me a week or so ago. I figured it might be related to the tooltips, so i set them to only show up with alt and the problem more or less stopped.
Yeah it might be related to tool tips because it has been happening after i turned them on when they fixed it and everything takes 2 or more clicks sometimes also there should be a option to toggle tooltips in game.
Ok so here's the technical explanation for what the cause WAS:

To avoid the appearance of the tooltip "flashing" into existence, I changed the tooltip.hide() code to set the window alpha to 0, instead of is-visible to false. This means the tooltips always exist (after first show) which results in much speedier show/hide times. Unfortunately however it seems byond still captures the clicks in windows that overlay the map regardless of alpha level.

The fix for this, which I pushed last week or so, was:

The tooltip.hide() code now moves the tooltip to 0,0 (top left) and resizes it to 1x1. This should (and did, in my tests) remove any "invisible" tooltip from overlaying the map area.

Now here's the rub: This fix worked! I tested it myself and I'm pretty sure others confirmed the fix too. I have absolutely no idea why you lot are continuing to experience the buggy behaviour from 2 weeks ago. My only hunch is a cache issue but 2 weeks would be a very long cache expiration period. To rule this out, can I get everyone here to do the following:
  • Close byond
  • Clear your byond cache (~/Documents/BYOND/cache, just delete everything in there)
  • Clear your Internet Explorer cache (just google it if you don't know how)
  • Make sure you join a ss13 round that you haven't been in before (as in, new player)

If the issue still occurs after this, please please try and isolate any potential causes as I can't fix what I can't reproduce!
Problem seems to be with clicking objects at the same time tooltips appear, which happens fairly often since they appear almost instantly. Clicking the object before or afterwards works fine.