Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adds a chem recipe for paper to ash
I was frustrated when I found that heating the paper reagent into ash wasn't a thing, so I did something about it.

Features:
  • Adds a recipe for turning paper into ash through heat.

Updated for the second time.:
Comparison:
Can you still use paper in smoke?
Shouldn't this work the other way around? Currently it gives 2 ash per paper, whereas burning gives 1 ash per 2 paper.

I'm also a big fan of paper smoke. I'd recommend either increasing the temperature past the point of smoke powder reacting, or requiring a second reagent/catalyst.
(03-26-2017, 12:03 PM)Mordent Wrote: Shouldn't this work the other way around? Currently it gives 2 ash per paper, whereas burning gives 1 ash per 2 paper.

I'm also a big fan of paper smoke. I'd recommend either increasing the temperature past the point of smoke powder reacting, or requiring a second reagent/catalyst.

Very good points, thank you! Working on it when I am at my laptop again.

Update: Fixed!
Ooh this is nice. It'd be really nice to be able to have a sane and non-Goony way to make charcoal on LLJK1 with *roleplay* and not burning a bin's worth of paper in a bathroom stall.
(03-27-2017, 05:23 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Ooh this is nice. It'd be really nice to be able to have a sane and non-Goony way to make charcoal on LLJK1 with *roleplay* and not burning a bin's worth of paper in a bathroom stall.

Wait, this isn't how you do it in real life? Damn.
(03-26-2017, 09:31 AM)Arborinus Wrote: Can you still use paper in smoke?
Pretty sure stable smoke activation is +100, so yeah.

As for amount, I'd rather have it at 1:1 for beaker heating. Right now you get 1:1 with burning paper, and nobody has made a fuss. At most I'd say drop burning to give 5 ash per sheet instead of 10, so that the lab method is more efficient.
(03-27-2017, 04:55 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(03-26-2017, 09:31 AM)Arborinus Wrote: Can you still use paper in smoke?
Pretty sure stable smoke activation is +100, so yeah.

As for amount, I'd rather have it at 1:1 for beaker heating. Right now you get 1:1 with burning paper, and nobody has made a fuss. At most I'd say drop burning to give 5 ash per sheet instead of 10, so that the lab method is more efficient.

Hrm. It makes sense to be able to collect more ash from a paper burned in a beaker than scooping ash up on the ground. On it!