Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does not getting paid matter (and how do you make it matter?).
(03-26-2017, 06:29 AM)Sundance Wrote: I think roomba's point wasn't that the HoP can go full anarchist but more that anyone who can access the bank records can withdraw ALL of the cash without any checks or any repercussions.

This is a very bad thing because it creates apathy towards money and worse still, creates inflation with various traders as one will have to assume that theres going to be dirty hop with all the station budget. This inflation basically cuts off anyone relying on their wages to buy anything. 

What if we made the dry budget announcement trigger as soon as the payroll bottoms out rather than waiting for the next payday to arrive? 

Also, does the budget computer keep a log of all the users who have access it along with any adjustments made by those users? If not, it definitely should.
I think credits are fine where they are. Useful enough to keep it around, and useless enough to where people don't get in OOC fights over it.

The only change I'd make is extending and evening out avenues of pay so that equal jobs have roughly equal income potential.
(03-26-2017, 03:25 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if we made the dry budget announcement trigger as soon as the payroll bottoms out rather than waiting for the next payday to arrive? 

Also, does the budget computer keep a log of all the users who have access it along with any adjustments made by those users? If not, it definitely should.

Any measure that relies on the embezzler facing IC justice is almost certainly going to fail because A: no one cares about money and B: by the time anyone figured out who did it they've already turned it all into research points/spent it all on bee crates/tossed it into the crusher, followed by themselves. Even if you can catch them, that money's still gone.

Not that hard to avoid the dry budget announcment either - just wait for payday, then steal 999999 credits and you've got five minutes before anyone figures it out.