Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library
A call to action from your local librarian.  colbert

I humbly request that the following "history" books be a staple feature in every SS13 public library:

Sex and the Singularity
A tawdry tale of love, lust, and getting subsequently banned.

Maintenance Doggs
A thriller detailing the events before and after a botched prison break.

The Rapper
After losing his mother to murder as a boy, Marcus (Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson) has little support in his life. He starts working for drug dealer Levar (Bill Duke) and his assistant (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje). Although Marcus makes good money selling, his dream is to become a rapper.

Nanotrasen's Historical Records
An annotated record of Nanotrasen's foray into interstellar corporate business and plasma research.

Beezlebub's End: The Story of Pagaliaci Station
Fear. Courage. Flatulence. A harrowing tale of one crew's attempt to escape death and the discovery that shook reality to its core.
yeah some stories would be nice to have in there so people can read about the ye olden times or just because its a blast from the past

also if this gets in the game i'm gonna write a book about engineering 101 named engineering 406 and it includes:
-horrible horrible HORRIBLE writing because its me
-how to set up the engine and what to do after setting it up
-wonderful world of the PTL
-safety tips or how to not blow your arms off and die in a blazing inferno
-things that wont work or will end horribly for you because you are stupid for trusting a book made by me seriously
-a message that tells you to punch me if you see me

now that i have it all planned out time to get distracted and not make this at all.
After writing my fart based magnum opus, I will follow it up with a book providing all sorts of tips for making secret chems that just wind up leading the user to making azide instead.
I probably would write an incredibly contrived and esoteric allegory intended to direct the reader to edit the wiki and read the forums through clever and subtle metaphors and symbols that just end up getting lost upon the reader and only sends them to the wiki and forums just for an explanation of the book.
Uncle Melons Bathroom Reader

101 Goofs and Griefs to prank your coworkers

Mad Libs for a Madman
I feel that I'd write some sort of internet/wiki scavenger hunt in an obscure book that no one would ever open ever.

The History of Spinach Cultivation on Mars

PROperTy of the Space Station 13.
In 2023, Man first spread to the planet Mars of the Sol System.
(Page or two of nonsense about farming)
Attention operative. Your next objective is "uggcf://jvxv.ff13.pb/Fpniratre-Uhag-Cntr".
This is your first and only hint: F = S.

Also, I want to write immensely complicated books about silly fictional things in game.

Why is This Monkey so Angry?
The Nuances and History of the Magical Deep Fryer
Don't die on me!

Here's a sprite I just finished of a running printing press. (it's loosely based on the miller press I operate)

[Image: fjWEhg4.gif]

(it's 64x32)
(03-29-2017, 08:45 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Don't die on me!

Here's a sprite I just finished of a running printing press. (it's loosely based on the miller press I operate)

[Image: oaHDnto.gif]

(it's 64x32)
:eyepop: 

That is incredibly cool.
That is indeed a fantastic sprite.
Woah holy shit that is delightful!
I want that to see the light of day ingame

(Also, barely anybody knows about how you can make staple books and doing it is kind of unintuitive, if there was more of a dedication to doing this it would probably be more trafficked)
I kinda think writing in general needs an overhaul to make it more user friendly

I'd love to get a live update of what exactly my paper will look like as I'm writing it, especially since there's no way to erase what you've written (unless you are using wizwrite to create the document)
(03-29-2017, 12:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I kinda think writing in general needs an overhaul to make it more user friendly

I'd love to get a live update of what exactly my paper will look like as I'm writing it, especially since there's no way to erase what you've written (unless you are using wizwrite to create the document)

What if we had a white-out equivalent to erase mistakes?
(03-29-2017, 12:50 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 12:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I kinda think writing in general needs an overhaul to make it more user friendly

What if we had a white-out equivalent to erase mistakes?

Yes please. That would make the writing system far less frustrating because atm it's just 'hey, add more shit onto the pile of shit that's there'.

I really wonder if there'd be a way to tweak it into something more what-you-see-is-what-you-get/dynamic.
You can place entire books on a clipboard. Re-sprite it and you've got an e-reader!
im a necromancer and i command this post to rice from its grave!

seriously this is a good idea lets not let it die